Senior Send Off designed w/December grads in mind
By Peppy O'Neill
UW-Parkside's Senior Send Off Committee is focused on one thing these days: encouraging all seniors graduating this December to stop on the Student Center Bridge Nov. 14 and 15 to take advantage of a full array of information and services that will lead to a successful Commencement Day.
The big event itself, Winter Commencement 2012, is scheduled on Sunday, Dec. 16. The ceremony begins at 1 p.m. in the Alfred S. and Bernice DeSimone Gymnasium of the Sports & Activity Center (SAC).
Senior Send Off is tailored to fit the busy schedules of both day students and those who attend evening classes alike. It is scheduled on Wednesday, Nov. 14, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and then again on Thursday, Nov. 15 from 4 to 6 p.m.
It's a great "one-stop shopping" experience for graduating seniors that will give them a chance to take care of a number of pre-Commencement obligations, including:
- Discussing career opportunities and grad school options with the Academic Advising and Career Center professionals
- Purchasing caps and gowns, UW-Parkside gifts and more from the Bookstore booth
- Checking SOLAR accounts with the Cashier's Office staff
- Investigating banking options with the folks from Educators Credit Union
- Ordering personalized announcements and other items from Herff Jones
- Reserving a spot at Commencement with the Registrar's Office
- Getting a free quote and signing up for a chance to win an iPod from Liberty Mutual Insurance personnel
- Having your official portrait taken by the professionals from Central Valley Studios (they provide the cap and gown for the photo) and getting free proofs
- Stopping to say hello at the Alumni Association table?and receiving a free memento of your time at UW-Parkside.
The event will also feature treats for grads and a (maybe final) chance to shake the hand of an old friend, Ranger Bear.Don't miss this opportunity, December grads. It's the best deal of all for wrapping up your preparations for Winter Commencement 2012.