From the Registrar: Important dates this semester
University of Wisconsin-Parkside Registrar Rhonda Kimmel has released a list of important dates for students and faculty to be aware of. In an email to campus, Kimmel issued the following calendar:
- Last day to add without a permission number: Friday, February 8, 2013
- Last day to add with a permission number or to change from credit to audit or audit to credit: Friday, February 15, 2013 (students are reminded that when you ask the faculty member for approval, they give you a permission number to enter as you register).
- Last day to drop without penalty (drop fee): Friday, February 15, 2013
- Last day to drop without a 'w' transcript notation: Friday, March 1, 2013
- Last day for self-service drop or withdraw: Friday, March 22, 2013
Note: Each of these specific dates shown above is for the full-semester courses. The Office of the Registrar will determine comparable deadlines for courses less than a semester in length.
STUDENTS: DID YOU KNOW?
Your attendance during the first week of classes is important for a successful semester and for maintaining your enrollment in classes. Based on university policy, instructors may administratively drop you from any class you do not attend during the first week of classes or if you do not have the required pre-requisites.
However, if you need to drop a class, you are ultimately responsible for making the appropriate transaction. Failure to drop appropriately will result in a failing grade and possible financial charges. See the "Dropping a Course" section of the catalog.