LGBTQ Resource Center’s busy, busy March
LGBTQ Resource Center Director Ana Guerriero may have best summed up the ambitious March the center has planned.
"Whew! That's a lot of programming!" she said in a recent email to campus. Starting today, March 5, and continuing through Wednesday, March 20, the center is all over the place presenting all sorts of interesting programs. Like? Like:
- Tuesday, March 5: "Questioning Queer: Discussion about the Queer Identity" presented by Student Assistant Hayden Howe, beginning at 6:30 p.m., Student Center Oak Room;
- Thursday, March 7: "Intersex 101" presented by Student Assistant Ian Roland at 6:30 p.m. in the Student Center Spruce Room;
- Wednesday, March 13: Table Talk: "Trans Inclusion in Gendered Spaces," noon in the LGBTQ Resource Center;
- Thursday, March 14: "Night of GAYmes," an evening of board games, video games, and all around positive, social entertainment, 6-8 p.m. in the LGBTQ Resource Center;
- Tuesday, March 19 - "LGBTQ Community and Mental Health" presented by Hayden Howe, Marcy Hufendick, and Vicki Wahler at 6:30 p.m. in the Student Center Oak Room
- Wednesday, March 20: Table Talk: "Lesbian Identity," noon in the LGBTQ Resource Center
But wait, the events don't stop in March! Friday, April 12, the 5th annual LGBTQ Resource Center Luncheon and Awards Ceremony starts at 11:30 a.m. in the Student Center Ballroom."Spread the word," Guerriero said, "and encourage folks to come get involved and get educated!"