UW-Parkside Diversity Award deadline April 19
Nominations for the University of Wisconsin-Parkside Diversity Award are being accepted through Friday, April 19, 2013. Sponsored by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, this university-wide award recognizes a faculty or staff member who makes outstanding contributions or efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion. The 2012 award recipient was Dr. James Kinchen. Names of previous winners are on the web site.
A prospective nominee must be a faculty or staff member employed 50 percent time or more with a minimum of three years of continuous service at the university. No individual is eligible to receive the award more than once every five years.
Nominations are based on the nominee's demonstrated leadership, outstanding contributions, and/or efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrating a consistent pattern of commitment to the recruitment and retention of an inclusive and diverse faculty, staff, or student body
- Creating programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Collaborating with campus or community groups to promote or implement programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Providing leadership and direction in building a welcoming and supportive campus climate
- Providing significant mentorship or support to students, staff and/or faculty members who represent a particular segment of diversity within our community
- Creating curricula that enables students to appreciate and understand the dynamics of diversity and inclusion
The Inclusive Excellence Committee selects the top candidates. Recommendations are then forwarded to the chancellor. The award recipient is honored at the 2013 Fall Convocation.
Nominations submitted by April 19 receive full consideration and self-nominations are encouraged. Online submission forms are available on the university web site and by visiting www.uwp.edu keyword: Inclusive Excellence. Paper forms can be sent to:
UW-Parkside Diversity Award Selection Committee, WYLL 345
900 Wood Road
P.O. Box 2000
Kenosha, WI 53141-2000
Please note: Forms submitted without the nominator's name will not be used.
If you have questions, call 262-595-2309 or access email@example.com by email.