Senior Send Off designed w/May grads in mind
By Peppy O'Neill
UW-Parkside's Senior Send Off Committee encourages seniors planning to graduate in May to stop on the Student Center Bridge April 10 and 11 to take advantage of a full array of information and services that will lead to a successful commencement.
The big event itself, Spring Commencement 2013, is scheduled for Saturday, May 18. There are two ceremonies: 10 a.m. for master and bachelor of science degree candidates in the College of Business, Economics, and Computing and the College of Natural and Health Sciences; and 2:30 p.m. for bachelor of arts degree candidates in the College of Arts and Humanities and the Division of Social Sciences and Professional Studies. The ceremonies are held in the De Simone Gymnasium of the Sports & Activity Center (SAC).
Senior Send Off is tailored to fit the busy schedules of both day students and those attending evening classes. It is scheduled on Wednesday, April 10, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Thursday, April 11, 4 to 6 p.m.
SSO is a "one-stop shopping" experience that gives graduating seniors a chance to take care of a number of pre-commencement obligations, including:
Don't miss this opportunity to finish your preparations, May graduates. Join us for Senior Send Off!
- Discussing career opportunities and grad school options with the Academic Advising and Career Center professionals
- Purchasing caps and gowns, UW-Parkside gifts, and more from the bookstore
- Checking SOLAR accounts with the Cashier's Office staff
- Investigating banking options with Educators Credit Union
- Ordering personalized announcements and other items from Herff Jones
- Reserving a spot at commencement with the Registrar's Office
- Having your official portrait taken by the professionals from Central Valley Studios (they provide the cap and gown for the photo) and getting free proofs
- Stopping at the Alumni Association table and receiving a free memento of your time at UW-Parkside.