Student, Alumni honored at commencement
Six graduating seniors and four successful alumni will be honored Saturday, May 18, during spring commencement 2013. Faculty and staff still have time to RSVP to attend the two ceremonies but you must hurry so the proper number of seats can be set aside in the De Simone Gymnasium. You are asked to register by Wednesday, May 1.
The Outstanding Graduate Award recipients are:
- Nicole Becker, Computer Science
- Christopher Dunn, Geography
- Catherine Hernandez, Biological Sciences
- Robyn Hillberry, Business
- Alyssa Kay, Communication and English, and
- Karisa Laskowski, Fitness Management & Sport Management
Awards and Ceremonies Committee Chair Rich Walasek said trimming the field of recipients was a tough task.
"It was very difficult to narrow the nominees to six because all 15 were quite impressive and deserving," Walasek said in a letter to Chancellor Debbie Ford.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside Alumni Association celebrates the careers of four alumni during commencement. The association's Outstanding Alumni Achievement Award and Outstanding Alumni Service Award will be bestowed upon:
- Dr. Mary Olson ('73, Mathematics), educator and activist
- Dr. Jeanne Vedder, ('76, Chemistry), surgeon, small business owner, entrepreneur
- Marta Kultgen, ('82, Psychology & Sociology; '90, Master, Public Administration), Racine County Human Resources Manager
- Rebecca Vojtko, ('01, M.B.A.) S.C. Johnson People Who Care program
Commencement ceremonies take place Saturday, May 18, at 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Students graduating with bachelor's or master's degrees from the College of Business, Economics, and Computing, and College of Natural and Health Sciences are honored in the morning; students graduating with bachelor's degrees from the College of Arts and Humanities and the Division of Social Sciences and Professional Studies are honored in the afternoon.
To participate in the processional, email Julie Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at ext. 2261, by Wednesday, May 1. Indicate whether you'll be participating in the morning or afternoon ceremonies or both (lunch is provided for those participating in both ceremonies).
See you at commencement!