UW System Presidential Search Committee Named
Michael J. Falbo, President of the University of Wisconsin System Board Of Regents, has appointed an 18-member search and screen committee to help identify a successor to UW System President Kevin P. Reilly, who will step out of his leadership post January 2014.
Regent Vice President Regina Millner will chair the search and screen committee, joined by five fellow Regents, three former Regents, and others from across the UW System including our own Chancellor, Debbie Ford.
- Mark Bradley, Regent
- Tim Higgins, Regent
- Regina Millner, Regent Vice President (Chair)
- Janice Mueller, Regent
- Drew Petersen, Regent
- Gary Roberts, Regent
- Danae Davis, Regent Emerita
- Jay Smith, Regent Emeritus
- Mark Tyler, Regent Emeritus
- Lane Earns, Provost, UW-Oshkosh
- Debbie Ford, Chancellor, UW-Parkside
- Freda Harris, Associate Vice President, Budget and Planning, UW System Administration
- Al Thompson, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, UW-Stevens Point
Faculty and Staff
- Susan Babcock, Professor, Material Science and Engineering, UW-Madison
- Erik Ernst, Promotion Manager, Wisconsin Public Television, UW-Extension
- Karen Klyczek, Professor, Biology, UW-River Falls
- Robert Wilson, Lead Custodian, Cartwright Center, UW-La Crosse
- Heba Mohammad, Senior, History and Political Science, and Student Government Association President, UW-Green Bay
Following a national search and intensive screening process, the committee is expected to recommend five candidates as finalists for consideration by a special Board of Regents committee, chaired by Regent President Falbo. Others serving on that committee are Regent John Behling, Regent Margaret Farrow, Regent Tracy Hribar, Regent Edmund Manydeeds, and Regent Gerald Whitburn.
After a series of interviews, Falbo and the selection committee will recommend one individual to the full Board, which must approve the appointment. Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, a national firm specializing in senior level searches for colleges and universities, will support the search.
The two committees will convene for the first time on Friday, Sept. 6, from 2-4 p.m. in Madison. At that meeting, Falbo will charge the committees with their missions, review search procedures, and commence the national search.
The University of Wisconsin System is one of the largest systems of public higher education in the country, serving approximately 181,000 students each year and employing more than 39,000 faculty and staff statewide. The UW System is made up of 13 four-year universities, 13 freshman-sophomore UW Colleges campuses, and statewide UW-Extension. Its annual budget is just under $6 billion.