Discover America Through Business and Industry
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside (AACSB) near Chicago
2 weeks Certificate Course (July 22-August 2, 2019)
Visit Harley Davidson, CNH Fiat, Federal Reserve Bank!
Lectures by Top American CEOs, Business leaders, Entrepreneurs
Visit homes, make friends, practice English
One week CRUISE - Sail from Miami to Caribbean Islands (Optional)
Cost: $2500 All Inclusive (Cruise additional)
Early-bird deadline: April 15, 2019
Regular deadline: June 15, 2019
(click on a day to see what is planned)
- 9:45 AM Meet in Alumni Room of Student Center for Reception with Chancellor Ford and leadership of the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.
- Welcome and comments by Leadership
- Address by Chancellor Ford "Leadership in America" 10:30 to 11:15 AM
- 12:00 Noon Lunch
- 2:00 PM Tour of UW-Parkside Campus with students
- 5:00 PM Walk to University House for dinner hosted by Chancellor Deborah Ford in honor of guests.
- 9:00 PM Return to University Dorms
- 9: 45 AM Meet at MOLN 323 Lectures on Small Business in America- Attitudes for Success: Motivation and Drive
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 Bus pickup
- 1:00 PM Visit to Office – Mayor of Kenosha
- Meeting with Mayor at Municipal Building to learn about local government
- School Bus Provided by City of Kenosha
- 4:00 PM Pickup for Dinner with an American Family – Cory and Roseann Mason's Home
"Capitalism and the American Economy: Challenges and rewards of a Global Company" (Cory Mason – Chief Information Officer, TwinDisc)
- 9:00 PM Return
- 9:30 AM Pickup outside student center for Field Visit
- 10:00 AM Visit at Badger Meters – Tour of Company and meet leadership (8635 Washington Ave, Racine, WI 53406)
Address by Dominic Cariello Director of Manufacturing for the Badger Flow Instrumentation Group "Implementing lean manufacturing systems and automation into your operations" Traditional Wisconsin Lunch at Badger Meters, hosted by Dominic Cariello
- 1:00 PM Drop back at UW-Parkside
- 3:00-6:00 PM "An Entrepreneurial Mindset – Features and Tenets"
Lecture and Visit to Milwaukee
- Dinner at UW Parkside Student Center
- 9:00-10:30 AM MOLN 323 "Branding yourself – Creating and Sustaining an Online Presence" Dominic Kegel
- 10:30-11:00 Break
- 11:00 Shuttle Pickup Outside Student Union for visit to Case New Holland Facility
(2701 Oakes Rd, Sturtevant, WI 53177)
Lecture "Manufacturing in the USA – Current realities"
Brad Crews, COO and/or Nate Burgers, Plant Manager
Tour of Case New Holland plant, Racine and meet with plant managers
Lunch Courtesy: CNH
- 3:00 PM Pickup at CNH for Visit the Miller Park
- 4:00 PM Address by Katina Shaw, Community Relations for the Brewers "Sport in America and Baseball – Big Business"
- 6:00 PM Brewers vs Pirates Game. Tickets Courtesy Brewers
- Late Return
- 10:00 AM Meet at Student Center for 2 day visit to Chicago
- 12:00 Noon Check-in at Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Hotel Chicago/ Magnificent Mile
(165 E Ontario Street | Chicago, IL 60611)
- Lunch on your own
- 1:30 PM Visit to Chicago FEDERAL Bureau interaction and address by Cindy Ivanac-Lillig, Economic Outreach Specialist on "State of the US Economy"
- Visit to Money Museum
- 4:00 PM Chicago Architectural Boat Tour. See the skyscrapers of Chicago by boat. Group tour
- 10:00 PM Visit Signature Room on 96th floor of John Hancock Towers for wine and appetizers
Chicago Experience Day On your Own to explore Chicago.
- Optional Event: The Chicago Air & Water Show featuring daredevil pilots, parachute teams, and jets flying in formation, plus water-skiing and boat jumping. See it from the waterfront near North Avenue Beach.
- Shopping in the finest shopping district of Chicago downtown.
- Return to Kenosha
- Morning Sleep In
- 1:30 PM Stop at Prime Outlet Mall Pleasant Prairie for Brand names shopping or drop back to University
- 6:30 PM Pick up and drop off to University Apartments for those who stopped for shopping
- Dinner at Student Center
- 9:45 AM meet at MOLN 323
10:00-11.15 "Intercultural Communication in America – Verbal and Non-Verbal" Dr. Fay Akindes, Asso Professor, Communication
- 11.30 – 12:30 PM "Business Law in the USA – Labor and Liability" Patrick O'Keefe School Administrator and Student Lawyer, Marquette University
- Lunch at Student Center
- 2:30-4:30 PM Customized aspects of the course for individual participants. Eg: A dental professional will be connected to a Dental professional in the US. A Marketing Or Salesperson, will learn about sales force and tips for America. An IT Professional will meet with IT folks in their area etc. Participants specific area as it relates to America, will be addressed.
- Dinner at Student Center.
- 9:45 AM Meet in MOLN 323
- 10:00 AM Lecture on "Human Resources and hiring in America " Jonathon Reynolds, President and CEO, Titus Consulting
- Early Lunch at Student Center
- 1:00 Noon Pickup for visit to Fedex Ground Facility in Grayslake IL
- 1:00-3:15 PM Tour of Fedex Plant and meeting with Plant Managers. Lecture "Supply Chain Management and Logistics in America – The Fedex Story" John Mahar, Global Accounts Manager, Fedex
- 3:30 PM Return
- 5:00 PM Pick up by members of Kenosha Community Families (Sister Cities Organization members) for dinner with hosts in small groups.
- 9:00 PM Drop off
- 8:00 AM Pickup for visit to the Harley Davidson Museum
- 9:00 AM – 10.30 AM Private Guided and Engaging Tour of Harley Davidson Museum "Journey through the History of Harley-Davidson." 400 W Canal Street, Milwaukee, WI 53201
- 10: 30 Pickup for visit to Miller Brewery
4251 West State Street, Milwaukee, WI 53208
- 11.00 – 12.30 Tour of Miller Brewery
Exploration of large-scale brewing in Milwaukee. Stop at Bavarian-style Miller Inn or outdoor Beer Garden
- 2:00 PM Arrive at UW Parkside
- Late Lunch and Dinner at Student Center
- 9:00 AM Pickup Outside University Apartments for visit to Madison, Capital of Wisconsin
- 11:00 AM Private Tour of Capitol Building hosted by Rep Cory Mason, Representative of Racine County in the Wisconsin Legislature – "Democracy of the United States – the Union and States"
- 3:45 PM Return to Kenosha
- Dinner at the home of Dr. Abey Kuruvilla
MIAMI & THE CARIBBEAN
One week CRUISE - Sail from Miami to 4 Caribbean Countries!
MIAMI – Grand Cayman – HONDURAS - BELIZE – MEXICO by CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIPS
- Visit a MIAMI HOUSE CLUB
- Visit 4 Countries
- One night in MIAMI
- 7-day Caribbean Cruise
- Lectures by Captain and Director of Operations and Behind the Scenes Tour of the Ship!!
Cost: $350 to University + Approx $1000 per person for 2 bed Cabin and Flight to Miami
Check out our video from a previous trip! : https://vimeo.com/156725702
For any questions, contact the coordinator
Dr. Abey Kuruvilla
Participants will be housed at Pike River Suites. Each floor is divided into 2-3 wings, which include a lounge, kitchenette, and study area. Floor wings contain 4-6 suites containing 2-3 spacious rooms, including one1 and 2-person rooms. Rooms are fully carpeted and furnished with beds, extra-long mattresses, a loft kit, a closet, desks, chairs, dressers, a garbage can, and a recycle bin. Each suite is air conditioned and has an adjustable thermostat. Wifi access will be provided.
Program Costs cover:
All transportation Costs, Meals at the University Cafeteria, Stay at University Apts and Stay in Marriott Chicago for one night. Free Time Activities and Meals in Chicago + 1 dinner in Milwaukee have a wide variety of choices and are on your own. Complimentary Access to the University State of the Art Gymnasium, and the Indoor Pool will be provided.
Earlybird Registration by: April 15
Regular Registration Deadline: June 15