Of particular interest to exchange students
- Small classes/personal attention.
- Different course offerings and different instructional strategies (more group projects, presentations, & discussions, and fewer final examinations!)
- As your “home away from home”, the International Student Services Offices organizes the new student orientation and answer all of your questions.
- Convenient on-campus housing and food service options.
- On-campus health and counseling center.
- More than 70 student clubs and organizations including the Parkside International Club.
- Exercise facilities and intramural team sports: Have fun playing basketball, soccer, volleyball, dodgeball, disc golf, badminton!
- On-campus movie cinema, theater productions, concerts, guest speakers as well as Ranger Athletic events!
- Make use of the Park of Parkside! Miles of woodland trails for hiking, skiing and other outdoor adventures.
- Weekends provide the opportunity to explore Chicago, Milwaukee or other exciting US destinations.
All exchange students should begin the academic application process with the 5 steps below. Once academically accepted, you can proceed with obtaining a student visa, arranging housing and food plans and registering for classes.
If you have questions, the International Student Services/Study Abroad Office is ready to help.
Submit online application for admission found at apply.wisconsin.edu.
GUIDANCE TO GET YOU STARTED
- Select "Register" under "new user," then create your account
- Choose "Create a New Application"
- Under "Applying To", choose "UW-Parkside"
- Under "Citizenship: Are you a U.S. citizen?" international students should select "No" and choose their U.S. Residency Status.
- Exchange students should select "Need to Apply for Student Visa (not residing in US)"
- You are applying as: "Special Student" (Non-degree seeking)
PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
Students whose prior education was not conducted in English are required to submit proof of language proficiency. English proficiency may be demonstrated in the following ways:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 71 (internet based)
- Minimum IELTS score of 5.5
- An ACT English subscore of 23 or higher
- Minimum EIKEN score of 2304
- Minimum GTEC score of 1140
- Home University English language proficiency letter
International students requiring student visas must certify that they have sufficient financial resources and support for their exchange experience.
Note: Photocopies of these documents cannot be accepted.
Please note that although exchange students are not required to pay UW Parkside tuition fees, they are other expenses that you must plan for while studying in the USA. These include the Parkside International Student fee ($100 per semester) the Parkside Segregated fee (Approximately $550 per semester) and the International Insurance fee (Approximately $600 per semester.)
- Bank statements clearly showing financial resources in US dollars.
Send your documents to:
International Student Services
900 Wood Road
Kenosha, WI 53144 USA