Financial Aid Eligibility


To be considered for financial assistance, you must complete the FAFSA - the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.  This form is used to determine the amount of money your family will be expected to contribute to the cost of your education.  All federal gFafsa Use Code: 005015rant and loan awards are determined by the FAFSA.  We strongly encourage you to apply by March 15.  Be sure to use UW-Parkside's financial aid code (005015) on the application.  If you have any questions about completing the application, the Financial Aid office will be happy to help you.

Out of State Scholarship Program

Parkside offers several renewable financial aid programs for non-resident students, including the Midwest Student Exchange Scholarship, the Out of State Distinguished Scholarship, the Out of State University Scholarship, and the Out of State Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship. The awards may cover up to the full out-of-state portion of tuition charges.  Find out more about the Out of State Scholarship program.

Minnesota Reciprocity

Minnesota has an agreement with the State of Wisconsin to provide lower tuition for most Minnesota residents to attend public colleges and universities in Wisconsin.  Non-resident admission fees and tuition are usually reduced (or eliminated) if you're a reciprocity student.  

Find out if you are eligible.

How to Apply:  Undergraduate from Minnesota


Return to Wisconsin Program


The Return to Wisconsin program provides discounted out-of- state tuition rates for children and grandchildren of UW-Parkside alumni.

The program details:

  • Nonresident tuition rates for children and grandchildren of qualifying alumni will be discounted 25 percent.
  • Qualifying alumni are biological or legal parents, grandparents or legal guardians, living or dead, who have previously earned either an undergraduate or graduate degree at UW-Parkside.
  • Eligible students must meet all admissions requirements that apply to all other applicants.
  • An eligible student or the student's qualifying parent, grandparent or legal guardian must be a legal resident of a state other than Wisconsin or Minnesota.
  • Return to Wisconsin students will pay all other fees (special course charges, room, board, and other expenses) at the same rates as other students.
  • Student must remain in good academic standing.

Download the Return to Wisconsin application form.




Scroll to top
Who Are You?