Academic Staff - Associate Advisor, HESM
Code: 011 Posted: 02/23/2014
The Health, Exercise Science and Sport Management department at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for full time Associate Advisor in the department of Health, Exercise Science and Sport Management. This position works twelve months each year starting in August 2014.
- A minimum of an earned Master’s Degree from an accredited University or College
- Previous experience supporting an undergraduate and/or graduate program
- Experience in academic advising of students at a University or College
- Strong communication skills
- Degree in the area of health, exercise science, sport management or related field
- Previous experience supporting an undergraduate and/or graduate program in the area of health, exercise science, sport management or related field
- Awareness of and contacts with potential intern/fieldwork placement sites, and/or experience supervising interns and/or monitoring internship placements
- Knowledge of and experience with various social media sites
- Experience in recruiting prospective students
- Experience with and knowledge of assisting students in career planning and entrance into graduate/professional studies programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students and staff from culturally diverse backgrounds
Primary responsibilities include: advising students in Health, Exercise Science and Sport Management, advising students in Applied Health Science, service to the university and the department of Health, Exercise Science and Sport Management.
University and Community: The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a comprehensive campus of the University of Wisconsin System with approximately 4800 students, 120 faculty, and 70 instructional academic staff offering 33 undergraduate majors and 3 master's degrees in 22 academic departments. The campus is located between the cities of Kenosha and Racine in southeastern Wisconsin, within the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor.
The university is situated on 700 acres of prairie and woodland approximately two miles west of Lake Michigan. Consisting of 15 buildings, the coherence and unity of the original campus design within its natural landscape has been sustained over four decades of development. Recent additions include a renovated and expanded student center, a 250 bed suite-style residence hall, and a greatly expanded and renovated center for the arts and humanities.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Office at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
Review of Applications: Applications received by February 17, 2014 are ensured full consideration; position is open until filled.
To Apply: go to https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu
Click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login." If you have questions about how to apply from the Candidate Gateway, go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Please submit a letter of application, vitae, three letters of recommendation plus two more references with contact information, and transcripts (unofficial acceptable at application stage). Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
A criminal background check and official university transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UW-Parkside is an equal employment opportunity employer.
If you have application questions call or email:
Health, Exercise Science and Sport Management department
University of Wisconsin-Parkside
900 Wood Road
Kenosha, WI 53144
Contact Name: Donna Perez, Health, Exercise Science and Sport Management Department
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2308
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org