The University Advancement Department at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Marketing Specialist – Customer Relationship Management Manager.
This position reports to the Director of Engagement Marketing, and will have primary responsibility for the management of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and for the creation, planning, coordination, and execution of recruitment and marketing strategies associated with the CRM. Performs other marketing duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- Two or more years documented extensive experience with the use and administration of a CRM and its emarketing functions
- One or more years of experience using adobe creative suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- One or more years of experience in admission, marketing, communication, and/or event promotion
- Experience using all facets of EMAS
- Admissions-related experience
- Documented experience using data to determine marketing/communication plans
- Experience in designing and implementing emarketing recruitment campaigns
- Experience in proofing and editing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMarketing Strategy and Communication Planning:
Data and Reporting:
- Conceptualize and manage the design and development of electronic media related to recruitment.
- Conceptualize and manage annual marketing plan for CRM that aligns with admissions recruitment strategies.
- Create, implement, and maintain communication plans using the university delivered CRM. Our current CRM: EMAS Pro.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Design and Implementation:
- Qualify and quantify recruitment-marketing efforts.
- Create and implement mechanisms for collecting prospect information to insure and develop a targeted communication plan for the population using CRM.
- Collaborate with the enrollment staff and university marketing manager to develop search list communication strategies.
- Use data analytics to inform recruitment strategies.
- Provide statistical queries and/or reports to various campus constituencies on an established schedule or adhoc basis.
- Support implementation of PeopleSoft bridge to ensure proper flow of information between data systems.
- Manage and implement backup support, monitoring enterprise software for current software patches, security updates, etc. as well as install related updates as needed.
- Serve as lead for quality control of software and liaison between users and programmers for correct updating.
- Execute high quality communications to garner consistency of style, identity, and theme in accordance with the university's established identity style guide.
- Design and develop assets and elements for integration in prospect communications.
- Perform daily email merge and send.
- Coordinate ordering and sending physical mailing to prospects.
Other Marketing Duties:
- Manage all facets of CRM, including serving as the institutional trainer on the use of the product.
- Implement any/all necessary changes of software and monitor all users for accuracy and ease of product usage.
- Interface with developer to provide backup support in resolving software problems.
- Learn new functionalities of software for integration, yielding seamless and uninterrupted service to users.
- Serve as the point person in working with Campus Technology Services to maintain PeopleSoft bridge to ensure proper flow of information between data systems.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- Serve on the marketing team leveraging skills to support key marketing initiatives for the university.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems
- Knowledge of recruitment; techniques and practices
- Knowledge of marketing, communication and promotional trends
- Ability to compile and analyze results of marketing programs or initiatives
- Knowledge of the applied use of various contemporary marketing, customer relationship management strategies and creative design software
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to research and analyze detailed information and make appropriate recommendations, both orally and in writing
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop, and implement projects
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organization levels
THE UNIVERSITY AND AREA
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
Completed applications must be received online no later than 11:59 pm on August 3, 2016.
Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu
(NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: https://www.hrs.wisconsin.edu
(Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)STEP 2:
Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "Advanced Search"
- Job Opening ID: "11998"
- Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime"
- Select "Marketing Specialist - Customer Relationship Management Manager"
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information of three references
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm
. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.