Academic Staff - University Marketing Specialist (Public May Apply)
Code: 12931 Posted: 04/19/2017
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of University Marketing Specialist.
The Marketing Specialist will lead innovation strategy and brand development, enrollment marketing and communication strategies with particular focus on student recruitment and retention. The Marketing Specialist will have impact and influence across the University, colleges and community facing functions to build maximum recognition and deeper market understanding. Marketing Specialist leads a team to develop brand strategy, innovation management and integrated activation plans. Marketing Specialist is also responsible for attracting, developing, and retaining professional as well as student marketing staff.
- Four-year college degree in marketing, communications, journalism or public relations.
- 5-8 years of equivalent marketing experience in higher education environment
- Experience translating marketing objectives into strategies and plans.
- Strong decision-making background with a bias for action.
- Expert in graphic design
- Demonstrates an understanding of four-year public higher education context and culture
- Proven results in enrollment marketing
- Project lead or management experience
- 5 or more years in digital or social media marketing
- Proven experience in developing and implementing social media campaigns
- Demonstrated success working and leading in a matrix environment.
50% A. Enrollment Marketing
- Works directly with Enrollment Services in identifying, developing, and deploying marketing and communications strategies to support the recruitment of prospective students and retention of current students.
- Drives key brand or student recruitment initiatives that effectively reach and connect with prospects.
- Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Leverages and integrates all communication platforms into marketing efforts including robust usage of the campus CRM (EMAS) platform.
- Develops and implements a full suite of recruitment collateral on an annual basis.
- Drives web content strategy for campus as related to enrollment.
- Develops and executes digital and conventional advertising plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
30% B. Brand Management
- Responsible for developing and institutionalizing brand assets and enforcing established standards.
- Accountable for recommending the clear, differentiated, brand positioning consistent with the local and regional positioning of the University.
- Accountable for annual brand planning process to set a fully integrated marketing plan and programming using the full marketing mix of advertising, promotions, and publications in both traditional and digital formats.
- Recommends the role of sub-brand(s) and endorsed/permitted brand(s) relative to the University brand(s) and any market segment adaptations (e.g. traditional vs. adult students, social media channels and digital properties).
- Supervise brand content, manage access to brand assets, develop brand standards and usage guidelines, and advises in the integration of campaigns with brand consistency.
- Oversees life cycle management across a broad portfolio of programs and can articulate a strategic plan to leverage portfolio across channels.
- Steer advisor in leveraging on-campus/environmental marketing opportunities to extend brand in common areas, significant public areas.
10% C. Marketing Liaison
- Leads a collaborative process to annually outline and plan service/support for key internal clients that might include (but may not be limited to): College of Arts and Humanities, Enrollment Services, (Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, Advising and Career, and Cashier), the Rita Tallent-Picken Regional Center for Arts and Humanities.
10% D. Management Responsibilities
- Sets clear objectives and prioritizes initiatives for the marketing team including the Marketing Specialist – CRM Manager and student designers.
- Assigns clear projects and tasks to direct reports and coaches and develops their skills. Performs annual performance reviews for team members and/or bi-annual review of student marketing staff.
- Collaborates with marketing staff to create high-performance working environment and ensure a strong product delivery systems are developed and sustained.
- Collaborates with key internal clients to advance robust marketing consistent with brand management and advance marketing best practices.
- Provide direction and support to Marketing Specialist in the area of Continuing Education.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Compressive knowledge of high-education marketing and enrollment strategies
- Expert in design software: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Advanced experience in the exact or similar systems and programs: Cvent Event Registration System, Raiser's Edge, EMAS, Net Community Grow.
- Successfully launched several new brands and strategic branding initiatives from concept stage through roll-out.
- Experience in managing and developing websites.
- Experience in social media, traditional communications, and emarketing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, ongoing processes where accuracy and timeliness are essential with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively as a member of a results oriented team.
- Critical and creative thinking and analytical skills for problem solving and to accomplish objectives.
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
Applications received by 11:59 PM May 19, 2017, are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
- "Self Service"
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "12931"
- Select this position
- Click "Apply Now"
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information of three references
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable at application stage)
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Karen Grabher
Contact Phone: 262-595-2277
Contact Email: email@example.com