Deadline for Applications is Extended to 5/01/2022
Code: 18152 Posted: 03/15/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving their educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled on 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Admissions Director
Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt, Limited
Reports To: The Admissions Director will report to the Executive Director of Enrollment Services
Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000
Essential Job Functions
The Admissions Director is responsible for all aspects of the recruitment program and matriculation processes for undergraduate and graduate students. The Director designs, implements, and oversees the recruitment strategies, the application and selection processes, and provides direction to new student enrollment initiatives. Additionally, the Director develops the annual strategic enrollment plan, implements policies, manages the departmental budget and is responsible for the hiring, training, development, and supervision of staff. This position will review and make recommendations regarding enrollment priorities and serve as an active member of the department’s administrative team, working collaboratively to set direction and establish priorities for the institution’s future.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Some of the key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Provide leadership and mentoring to admissions and recruitment staff including training, supervision, development, scheduling and evaluations.
- Develop and implement institutional admissions/enrollment plans and activities for both undergraduate and graduate programs in concert with various campus units.
- Prepare and maintain the departmental budget; monitor and evaluate effectiveness of policies and procedures; perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the development and monitoring of statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting and performance outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Higher Education Administration or related field.
- Minimum of three years higher education experience in a supervisory or leadership position in the areas of admissions/enrollment services or related services.
- Experience with all aspects of the admissions programming, including but not limited to; admissions recruitment strategies, communication campaigns, and territory management.
- Experience working with student information system databases, CRMs and related computer applications.
- Ability to manage operational aspects of an administrative program; such as strategic planning, personnel, budget and fiscal management.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Review of Applications
All applications submitted by Sunday, April 17th, 2022 will be given full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 05/02/2022