The University of Wisconsin invites applicants for an Admissions Counselor/Recruiter opening in the Admissions Department.
• Bachelor degree
• One year or more of demonstrated extracurricular college involvement or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience responding to the needs of students or customers
• One or more years of Admissions experience or recruitment/sales experience
• Previous experience utilizing a student information system software and customer relationship management software
• Proficient in software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Documented experience utilizing social networking tactics in recruitment or marketing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position's primary focus is recruiting students through a wide range of activities including making presentations, public speaking, and visiting high schools and other targeted groups and agencies. This position will also be responsible for attending college fairs, maintaining follow up contact with prospective students and their parents, developing relationships with high school guidance counselors and other civic and community leaders, arranging campus visits and tours, and other duties or projects as required. In addition, these positions will assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies designed to assist the university in achieving its enrollment goals. These positions will also correspond with students, parents, and counselors regarding admission to UW-Parkside and assist with setting up and maintaining a communication plan for prospective students. Performs other duties as assigned.
90% - Recruiting
- Represent UW-Parkside at high school visits, college fairs, community activities, career days and other special events designed for students.
- Plan and implement recruitment activities.
- Serve as a liaison between Admissions and designated university departments.
- Explain admission requirements and enrollment procedures to interested students and parents providing feedback, exploring educational alternatives as needed, provide campus tours, maintain follow-up contacts and provide campus resource materials.
- Work with staff, faculty, students and alumni to ensure that students are connecting with campus resources throughout the recruitment, admission and enrollment process.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community, the public, high school personnel, agencies and others.
10% - Administration
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Utilize the University's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage targeted recruitment strategies and on-going strategic communications with inquires, prospective students and applicants.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of policies and programs at UW-Parkside, within the UW System, and within the admission profession.
THE UNIVERSITY AND AREA
- Considerable knowledge of recruitment techniques and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of departmental software systems and various business office software packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and database applications.
- Working knowledge of time management techniques and practices.
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop and implement projects.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels, both with the campus community and with external institutions, community leaders, agencies and others.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to relate well to both prospective and continuing students.
- Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to travel extensively and have/maintain a driver license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with students, groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- Ability to perform work often under pressure to meet multiple customer service and operational demands while maintaining service standards.
- Physical ability to sit at a desk and or operate a personal computer for approximately 2 hours at a time.
- Physical ability to engage in moderate amounts of walking, standing and stair-climbing; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University’s primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
Applications received by December 2, 2014, are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
Go to: http://my.wisconsin.edu
Click UW Careers for job listings. Then click "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login."
If you have questions about how to apply from the Self Service Careers site, please go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
Interested candidates should submit the following in electronic format. Each bullet point should be sent as a separate file/attachment:
• Cover Letter describing both required and preferred qualifications
• Copy of transcripts (may be unofficial)
• Three references and contact information
If you have application questions call or email:
University of Wisconsin Parkside
Office (262) 595-2130
Fax (262) 595-2008
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
A criminal background check and degree verification are part of the application process.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.