Deadline for Applications is 6/16/2022
Code: 18369 Posted: 05/17/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Outreach Specialist
Employment Type: Full time, Academic Staff, Salaried
Reports To: The Outreach Specialist will report to Director of the Parkside Access to College Credits (PACC) Program.
Pay Range: $40,000 - $50,000
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Outreach Specialist for the Parkside Access to College Credits (PACC) program. The PACC program is a concurrent enrollment program offering University college courses to high school students in their high schools. The Outreach Specialist position is an exciting opportunity for a growth-mindset, forward-thinking higher education professional to join a highly collaborative program environment that encourages creativity and innovation, and is committed to student success and equitable outcomes for all. The Outreach Specialist plays a vital role in the operations of the program including, but not limited to: day-to-day operations of the concurrent enrollment program, interaction with high school administrators and instructors, University faculty and staff, high school students and parents, and other key partners. The PACC Program Team consists of the Dean of the College of Social Sciences and Professional Studies, Director, Outreach Specialist, and the Administrative Assistant.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the development, expansion, and administration of the PACC program in accord with standards established by the University, the University of Wisconsin System, and the Higher Learning Commission.
- Present PACC information to University academic departments and faculty, students, parents, and the community through PACC orientations and information sessions both in-person and through virtual platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meets, etc.).
- Make regular high school visits representing PACC in a professional manner, develop relationships with high schools, and utilize technology-based enrollment processes to communicate effectively with students, parents, and school personnel to ensure customer satisfaction and optimal enrollment outcomes by census date.
- Facilitate PACC admission and enrollment process in collaboration with the PACC Coordinator and University offices, PACC adjuncts (high school instructors), high school counselors, and students.
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient communication pathways to high school personnel and students concerning program information. (i.e. admission, enrollment, add/drop, fees) in collaboration with the Administrative Assistant.
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs and campus personnel to develop and offer academic support services to promote student success.
- Provide advising to students on college course utility (transfer and application to postsecondary degrees).
- Organize and facilitate workshops designed to promote student success to include: college preparation, retention, open house, new student orientation, parent workshops, career planning and others as assigned.
- Coordinate on-campus events for students and high school personnel.
- Promote, encourage, and recruit PACC students to matriculate to the University upon high school graduation in collaboration with Admissions.
- Create an on-campus relationship for PACC adjuncts through campus visits, attendance at department meetings, Activity Insight Management, and more.
- Create and maintain digital PACC newsletter in collaboration with the PACC Team.
- Collaborate with marketing team to create cohesive marketing plans (printed materials, Websites, social media, etc.).
- Assist the Director and Administrative Assistant with accurate record keeping for program review and accreditation.
- Attend meetings and serve on committees with faculty, directors, community partners and other stakeholders.
The Outreach Specialist will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends. Must be able to travel to and from schools and events. Participation in state and national conferences may require overnight travel. This position is not eligible for full-time remote/telework.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years or greater experience in a high school, postsecondary institution, or other educational setting working with diverse students.
- Experience working as a member of a team managing multiple projects effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology for presentations, disseminating information, and maintaining student records including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Applications received by Thursday, June 16th, 2022 will be given full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 06/17/2022