Director of Housing & Residence Life
Deadline for Applications is 5/16/2021
Code: 17129 Posted: 04/21/2021
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
Position Title: Director of Housing & Residence Life
Employment Type: Full Time/Limited/Exempt
Reports To: Under the supervision of the Dean of Students, the Director of Housing & Residence Life is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Housing and Residence Life operation at UW-Parkside. The Director will manage, develop, implement, and oversee programs, services, activities, policies, and processes related to residential life at UW-Parkside. Support the well-being, personal development, and academic success of students by promoting safe, inclusive, engaged community living that supports the University’s hallmarks of student success, academic excellence, diversity & inclusion, and community engagement. Additionally, the Director is responsible for the maintenance, planning, renovation and construction of housing facilities, and manages the operational budget for the department.
Essential Job Functions
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of managing a successful Housing system
- Comprehensive knowledge of how to develop and implement dynamic residence life programs
- Considerable knowledge of student development theory, issues and trends
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in effective leadership development and teamwork
- Considerable supervisory skills including effective delegation, training and development including student staff
- Comprehensive knowledge of facility operations and management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse student populations, administration and other constituencies
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships, utilize reasoned judgment in complex, sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to develop and administer policies and procedures regarding residence life programming
- Ability to coordinate, supervise and evaluate the activities of staff
- Ability to manage complex department budgets
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop and implement projects
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration or related field
- More than five years of progressively responsible experience in University Housing and Residence Life or a closely related area
- Demonstrated supervisory experience over professional staff members
- Demonstrated experience with crisis management
- Demonstrated experience dealing with student conduct
- Significant experience working with a diverse student population and a commitment to maintaining an inclusive living/learning environment
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. May 16th, 2021 are ensured full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 05/17/2021