Executive Director of Enrollment Services
Deadline for Applications is 1/04/2021
Code: 16812 Posted: 11/25/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the Executive Director for Enrollment Service.
The Executive Director of Enrollment Services provides oversight and strategic direction to the areas of Admissions & New Student Services (Orientation and Placement Testing), Financial Aid & Scholarships, and University Marketing. The Executive Director is responsible for developing and implementing the university’s strategic enrollment management plan through coordinated, data-driven marketing, recruitment, and yield strategies. The Executive Director collaborates regularly with the College Deans, Provosts Office and staff in Institutional Research to evaluate enrollment data and develop enrollment projections. The Executive Director provides day-to-day leadership and direct supervision over the office of Admissions & New Student Services. Additionally, the Executive Director is responsible for oversight of the campus’s customer relations management system (CRM platform).
This position reports directly to the Vice Provost for Student Affairs & Enrollment Services and serves as a member of the SA&ES Leadership Team and Chancellor’s Extended Cabinet.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision, leadership, and direction to the areas of Admissions & New Student Services, Financial Aid & Scholarships, and University Marketing in support of the University’s enrollment goals.
- Develop, implement and execute a coordinated program of recruitment from initial inquiry to matriculation for all student demographics (undergraduate, graduate, international, and adult).
- In collaboration with the Marketing & Brand Manager, develop and execute a comprehensive, data-driven marketing plan.
- Develop, implement and assess the University’s strategic marketing plan.
- Analyze inquiry and application trends to identify potential opportunities for advancement or efficiency; monitor admissions activities and processes through analysis of key performance indicators.
- In collaboration with the Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships and Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration, monitor aid distributions and explore expansion of aid opportunities.
- Oversee the utilization of a customer relations management system that will customize and track enrollment data, personalize communications for a diverse prospect pool, and generate reports to drive enrollment strategies.
- Monitor state-wide, national, and international educational and enrollment trends and adapt strategies accordingly.
- Serve as the departmental lead for the office of Admissions & New Student Services.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to admissions and recruitment staff including training, supervision, development, scheduling and evaluations.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to the Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships, University Marking & Brand Manager, Associate/Assistant Director(s) of Admissions, and Coordinator for New Student Services.
- Oversee development and monitoring of statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting and operational efficiencies.
- Develop and implement institutional admissions/enrollment plans and activities for both undergraduate and graduate programs in concert with various campus units.
- Prepare and maintain the departmental budget; monitor and evaluate effectiveness of policies and procedures; perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in UW System sponsored enrollment management meetings and represent UW-Parkside at state, regional, and national enrollment management conferences.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Possess a high level of knowledge and skills related to all areas of enrollment management including admissions, financial aid, territory management, marketing communications, data analysis, and strategic planning.
- A hands-on leader with a strong data driven approach to enrollment.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the latest admissions, recruitment, marketing, financial aid leveraging, and yield strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of current technology and software platforms for student recruitment and admissions, financial aid, and student success.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills required to interact continually with students, parents, counselors, department administrators, and faculty.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; particularly strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to effectively lead a staff encouraging strong collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve difficult problems, think systemically to create effective processes and procedures that effect the university and analyze situations in order to apply logical solutions in a complex environment
- Ability to interact effectively with executive leadership at UW-Parkside and leaders within the UW System.
- Ability to work with a diverse student body and the ability to understand and support different student needs including those of first generation and non-traditional students, veterans, and low-income families.
- Evidence of management skills and competence in personnel, budget, and enrollment services is necessary.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills, and the ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and represent the institution professionally
- A valid driver’s license is required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in university enrollment management.
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of the admissions process, including expertise with admissions recruitment strategies, territory management, and the recruitment funnel/cycle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in enrollment management including but not limited to development of strategic enrollment plans, data analytics, financial aid awarding strategies, marketing communications, and CRM technologies.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator:https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Monday, January 4, 2021 are ensured full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 01/05/2021