Financial Specialist III
Deadline for Applications is 09/19/2021
Code: 17514 Posted: 09/03/2021
Reporting to the Controller/Director of Business Services, the Financial Specialist III provide leadership, transactional service and consultation for staff in an assigned program area to support program financial management. Over multiple areas within the finance and procurement field, this position will monitor financial transactions, fund balances, and generates and reconciles complex reports and statements in accordance with established rules and regulations. Serves as a unit liaison to leadership providing financial advice, recommendations, and financial status updates.
Working Title: Financial Specialist III
Department: Business Services
Pay Basis: Hourly
Appointment Type: University Staff
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews and approves complex transactions and assigns funding codes in accordance with established rules, regulations, and policies
- Reallocates expenses to appropriate funding strings
- Drafts communications and reports and maintains organization of varied records to provide administrative support within a specified work unit
- Answers complex fiscal questions and provides information based on set materials and standards to various audiences
- Executes, audits and completes financial transactions
- Reviews processing internal controls
- Job duties are representative of multiple areas within the finance and procurement field and this position provides financial advice, recommendations and financial status updates for a work unit.
- Recommends process improvements and troubleshoots complex financial errors.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical, critical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDCUATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or commensurate with 5 years of accounting, finance or business administration experience.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Sunday September 19th, 2021 are ensured full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 09/20/2021