Graduate Assistant - Events and Operations
Deadline for Applications is 07/15/2020
Code: 16519 Posted: 06/30/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Event & Operations Graduate Assistant.
To be eligible, prospective candidates must be accepted into the Master of Sport Management Program at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.
The Event & Operations Graduate Assistant will report directly to the Event & Operations Coordinator, and will gain experience assisting with event management, and business operations of a NCAA DII athletics program offering 15 athletic teams.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with coordination of game day operations for all on-campus events, including field/gym setup
- Act as liaison for all visiting teams, and serve as game day host
- Oversee operations of concessions and athletics apparel store
- Create game contracts for both conference and non-conference games
- Assist Event & Operations Coordinator with ticketing operations, including maintaining compliance with NCAA pass list requirements, and season ticket sales
- Coordinate all game day event staff employment, scheduling and training
- Assist with facility scheduling for all campus events including practices, games, external rentals, and other on campus events
- Act as onsite supervisor for external rentals
- Assist Event & Operations Coordinator with deposits, cash handling policies, and financial reporting
- Assist with payment to referees and officials
- Work assigned hours in the athletics fitness facilities
- Assist the Health, Exercise Science, and Sport Management department with assigned duties, including serving as an instructor of activity classes
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Training and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability to exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality
- Candidate must possess strong customer service, and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is preferred
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Wedensday July 15, 2020 are ensured full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 07/16/2020