Graduation Services Coordinator
Deadline for Applications is 2/26/2021
Code: 16663 Posted: 02/11/2021
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Graduation Services Coordinator.
This position is under the general direction of the Registrar and plays an integral role in the retention and graduation of students through collaboration with academic departments and academic and career advising. Collaborates, communicates with, and supports students, faculty, and staff in the development, implementation, and maintenance of student and curricular records as it relates to degree requirements data and systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as an expert in the creation and maintenance of student records and curricular and degree requirement data within the student information system and other related systems.
- Implements, interprets, and enforces instructional, professional and legal standards and regulations related to student, curricular, and academic records.
- Collaborates with academic deans, faculty, advisors, and staff to resolve curricular, student record, and degree audit problems. Audits and corrects data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Provides functional support and evaluation of student information, curricular management, and degree audit systems to identify opportunities for business process improvements and makes recommendations to adapt processes and systems to achieve greater efficiency.
- Participates in systems testing, and develops and maintains documentation on business processes.
- Applies knowledge of programs, procedures, and policies to provide expert guidance in student records, curricular management, and degree audit functions when complex cases have been escalated by campus stakeholders for resolution.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Possesses advising, communication, and public relations skills required to interact continually with students, advisors, and department administrators.
- Has the ability to monitor academic progress, analyze/track degree completion status, evaluates and process executive actions, and interprets and explains university policies and procedures.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent conflict resolution skills; interpersonal, time management and supervisory management skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to train and motivate others.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of and adherence to University policies and guidelines as they relate to academic records and graduation requirements
- Exhibits a considerable knowledge and understanding of the Registrar’s Office schedule of activities throughout the year and the timeline in which these activities occur
- Possesses project management skills including: ability to organize, prioritize, manage large amounts of data, anticipate situations, communicate effectively and generate momentum with others
- Has considerable experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), PeopleSoft, imaging and the ability to create queries and work with printers, copiers, and microfilm reader/printer.
- Has a working knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations and ability to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot and solve difficult problems, think systemically to create effective processes and procedures that effect the university and analyze situations in order to apply logical solutions in a complex environment
- Has the ability to train others on academic requirements, policies, processes/procedures as well as technical software applications
- Possesses the ability to maintain accuracy and detail amidst interruptions and under pressure
- Has the ability to work with a diverse student body and the ability to understand and support different student needs
- Has the ability to use a computer for extended periods, to bend for filing and lift boxes of forms and files.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree – Preferred Minimum
- Work experience in higher education
- Experience with an integrated information system
- Demonstrated experience with MS Word and Excel
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Friday February 26th, 2021 are ensured full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 02/26/2021