Human Resources Administrative Assistant Public May Apply
Human Resources Administrative Assistant Public May Apply
Code: 13005 Posted: 03/31/2017
The University of Wisconsin Parkside invites applicants to apply for Human Resources Administrative Assistant and join our team in the Human Resources Department.
This position is a university staff, full-time, non-exempt, non-represented position. A six month probation period may be required. The hours of work for this position are Monday through Friday, 7:45 am - 4:30 pm.
Under the direct supervision of the human resources director, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the human resources. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as conducting research, preparing reports, handling confidential request and information, performing clerical functions such as preparing highly confidential and sensitive correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, and recommend changes in office practices or procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
85% A. Administrative Support
1. Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for HR Director.
2. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the director and the department. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates HR related files and materials.
3. Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail for HR director. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
4. Acts as liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as Chancellor, provosts, directors and deans. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
5. Works independently and within HR team on special, non-recurring and ongoing projects. Act as project manager for special projects, at the request of director, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating PowerPoints, Excel Spreadsheets or other written materials.
6. Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
7. Orders office supplies as necessary.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
15% B. Supervisory Responsibilities
1. Oversees student employees, provide guidance, answer questions and delegate tasks in concert with director and specialist.
2. Work with HR staff to ensure completion of projects and ensure compliance with deadlines.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance
- Overall thoroughness, organization, accuracy, and availability of appropriate.
- Adequacy, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Timeliness of meeting goals.
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions.
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel.
- Timely and effective communication of problems and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with customers, students, vendors, employees, and management.
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Technical capacity.
- Personal effectiveness/credibility.
- Collaboration skills.
- Project management skills.
- Communication proficiency.
- High degree of business acumen.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Superb written and communication skills required.
- Ability to think creatively, critically and implement new solutions.
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, plan, and carry out duties independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete tasks within critical deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with staff at all levels and across the university
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Associate's Degree
- Three years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong customer service orientation
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three Years of Experience in Human Resources Function
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $17.00 -$19.89 per hour.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Review of Applications
Online applications received by 11:59 pm April 18, 2017 are ensured full consideration.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants Apply Here (candidates not currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link then continue to STEP 2
Internal Applicants Apply Here (candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link, then under "Main Menu" choose:
- "Self Service"
STEP 2: Under "Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "13005"
- Select "Human Resources Administrative Assistant"
- Click "Apply Now"
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
The University of Wisconsin Parkside is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applicants from women, people of color, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. I
n compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm.
Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Amanda Welbon
Contact Phone: 262-595-2939
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org