Human Resources Assistant Director
Position is Open Until Filled
Code: 17898 Posted: 12/21/2021
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic leaning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in ones future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Human Resources Assistant Director
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: The Human Resources Assistant Director will report to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Pay Range: $80,000 - $90,000
Essential Job Functions
Assists with the planning, implementation, and management of strategic initiatives for one or more human resources functions such as recruitment, employment relations, performance management, compensation and classification, and payroll and benefits. Implements, operationalizes, and monitors the use of approved policies and procedures and ensures strategy alignment. Typically audits the program budget, approves unit expenditures, and supervises human resources (HR) staff.
- Assists with planning, implementation, and management of strategic initiatives for one or more human resources function
- Audits the unit budget and approves expenditures
- Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Implements, operationalizes, and monitors the use of policies and procedures to comply with laws, regulations, institutional policies, and unit objectives
- Identifies needs and recommends improvements to leadership regarding HR matters such as workforce performance and competency gaps, organizational structures, compensation discrepancies and assists with the development of training plans and mitigation strategies as needed
- Coordinates HR activities, such as recruitment, pay administration programs, new hire orientation, employee benefits, and health and safety plans, through managerial HR staff
- Serves as an advisor and liaison to unit managers and staff providing organization information and interpretation of human resources policies and procedures
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Psychology or related field
- At least five years of successful and progressive responsibility human resources, with a solid working knowledge of core HR functions including recruitment, titling and compensation, benefits, employee relations, and management
Although not required, the successful candidate for this position will possess familiarity with state and local government environments and/or higher education institutions.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Position is open until filled with the first review of applications taking place on January 21st.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 02/21/2022