Sr Financial Specialist
Deadline for Applications is 06/24/2022
Code: 18442 Posted: 06/09/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Financial Specialist II
Employment Type: Full-time, University Staff, Hourly
Reports To: The Financial Specialist will report to the Dean of the College of Business, Economics, and Computing.
UW Parkside is seeking a collaborative and highly skilled Financial Specialist II. The Financial Specialist II will primarily review, approve, and advise on a variety of accounting and financial transactions. Prepare some accounting and financial transactions and reconcile transactions. Recommends controls and process improvements, troubleshoots advanced financial errors. Maintains financial records, provides administrative processing and procurement support, and provides customer service for staff and customers in the department of Business to support program management. Provides general administrative support, while exercising discretion, to the leadership of the college of Business, Economics, and Computing.
Essential Job Functions
- Audits, monitors, organizes, and updates fiscal records, reports, and affiliated materials
- Creates general reporting for transactions
- Audits or processes advanced transactions and assigns funding codes in accordance with established rules, regulations, and policies
- Audits or reconciles original purchase documents with payments
- Reallocates expenses to appropriate funding strings
- Drafts communications and advanced reports and maintains organization of varied records to provide administrative support within Campus Technology Services
- Answers advanced fiscal questions and provides information based on set materials and standards to various audiences
- Reviews transaction processing internal controls and recommends policies and procedures
- Schedules logistics and secures resources for meetings, travel, and work unit operations
- Serves as a primary point of contact for individuals and groups, provides organizational information via phone, in person, and through other communication mediums
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods and organizational systems directed at the maintenance of electronic/physical records related to work operations according to established policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or relevant field.
- At least two years of experience in customer service, accounting/finance, and/or administrative support.
- Although not required, the successful candidate for this position will possess familiarity with state and local government environments and/or higher education institutions.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by Friday, June 24th, 2022 will be given full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 07/21/2022