Procure-to-Pay Automation project
The P2P Procure-to-Pay Automation Project is part of the system wide Administrative Transformation Project. The goal of the project is to increase automation and standardization in the purchasing process across UW system.
The system will be ShopUW+ although as you can see below it is much more than just a new iteration of Shop@UW. This cloud based system will automate workflows and eliminate paper transactions.
Phase One is launching April 16, 2021.
Assistance using ShopUW+
We are currently working to resolve accessibility barriers in ShopUW+. To learn about the accessibility and usability of ShopUW+, go to ShopUW+ - Accessibility and Usability Information KB.
If you need accessibility assistance, want to report an accessibility barrier, or if you are having difficulty using ShopUW+ or any of the training materials, send an email to email@example.com
Are You Ready?
First steps for the April 16, 2021 launch of
Know your role
You may already know your role in ShopUW+.
Shopper, Requestor, Approver
When you have access to the system, log in and set up your profile. Add your default funding string.
Understand your Department/Unit workflow
ShopUW+ may change the purchasing workflow for your department or unit. The scenario Guide may help you understand your workflow.
You will receive email invitations for training. Training will be in Canvas and supported by .
|Last day for MDS/Shop@UW orders||April 13|
|Last day to "copy favorites" from Shop@UW||April 13|
- Training is scheduled to begin April 5 for those who have Shopper, Requester and Approver roles in ShopUW+. The platform for training is Canvas. The hub for information will be ShopUW+ Essentials website which will go-live on April 5. Details will be provided as they become available.
- UW Parkside Requestors and Approvers will receive email invitations from the ShopUW+ team to access training in early April.
- Training will provide Staff with knowledge and skills needed to transition to ShopUW+
- Online role-based training will be provided
- Self-paced, self-service learning
- ShopUW+ Foundations
- Based on their role(s) in the system, users will be aligned to a learning path that includes a variety of learning resources:
- Job Aids
- Self-paced e-learning & Micro-learning Modules
- WebEx Interactive Knowledge Sessions
- Peer Coaching
- ShopUW+ Essentials, a central web-based training repository, will house job aids, training materials and other information
- Single point of contact for Customer Service
Every employee will automatically be a shopper. Shoppers can choose and put items to purchase in their ecommerce shopping cart or create requests for items and send to a Requestor to submit requisitions.
Each unit will identify a "requestor" who will review all requests for their unit. The Requestor will be responsible for choosing the funding strings and ensuring unit purchasing policy is adhered to. The Requestor completes the order or requsition and submits.
A Requestor has the authority to approve a purchase up to $100 of items from a ShopUW+ catalog vendor without additional approvals. If the item is over $100, the request is forwarded to the Approver.
The Approver will review the purchase, the funding string, and approve the purchase.
There may be additional Roles based on the cost or type of item.
- Responsible for shopping for goods and services, creating carts, and assigning carts to requestors
- Limited user access outside of shopping functionality and purchasing permissions
- Automatically assigned to every UW Employee
- Do not need to know funding string
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting requisitions for approval.
- Finalizing accounting/shipping information, providing attachments, and submitting requisitions for approval
- A natural progression from the shopper role
|Current Name||Future Name||Current Format||Sunset Dates||Future Format|
|Shop@UW||ShopUW+||Limited to eCommerce||Shop@UW will sunset in April 2021||
|XRG Requisition Generator||PR or Requisition||Paper and Signatures||Paper Requisitions will sunset in April 2021||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|DP Direct Payments||Form||Paper and Signatures||Direct Payment paper requests will sunset in April 2021||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|PIR Payment to Individual||Form||Paper and Signatures||
Paper PIR requests will sunset in April 2021
|Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|Purchased Services Form||Form||Paper and Signatures||Some Payments to Individuals for Services will become Requisitions||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|EMF Encumbrance Management Form||PO Change request form||Paper and Signatures||Paper PO Change Requests will sunset in April 2021||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|Sole Source Justification||Form||Paper and Signatures||Single Source paper forms will sunset in April 2021||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|Contract Search Tool||Contract Module||Web Lookup||Phase 2 - TBD||
|W9||W9||Paper or FAX||Phase 2 - TBD||Phase 2 - vendor submission through electronic portal|
|Insurance certificate||Insurance certificate||Paper or FAX||Phase 2 - TBD||Phase 2 - vendor submission through electronic portal|
|Shopper||Anyone using the ShopUW+ site to find a product. Usually refers to Catalog shopping.|
Items available through contracted suppliers. This was Shop@UW and MDS. Now, the catalog items will be expanding. Please Note: if an item is in the catalog, it should be purchased from the catalog.
|Cart||ShopUW+ has a cart- just like other online shopping. It may refer to catalog or non-catalog shopping|
|Non-catalog||Items that are not available for purchase in the catalog|
|Requestor||Designated person in a department or unit who will review shopper transactions and submit purchasing requests|
|Receipt in||Affirmatively checking a box in ShopUW+ that a purchased item arrived or service performed|
|Approver||Designated person in a department or unit who will review purchasing requests. There are three levels of approval.|
|Payment for Services||Formally a PIR, Payments for Service will be processed as a purchasing request.|
|Standing Order||Formally a Blanket Purchase Order|
900 Wood Rd.
Kenosha, WI 53144
Tallent Hall 245
Parking: Lot T
- WED7:45 am to 4:30 pm
During the campus closure, our staff will be working remotely from 7:45 am to 4:30 pm. Please reach out to staff by phone, email, Skype, or Jabber.
Please note that documents you would send via intercampus mail can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org