P2P: Procure to Pay Automation Project
The P2P Procure to Pay Automation Project is part of the system wide Administrative Transformation Project. The goal of the project is to increase automation and standardization in the purchasing process across UW system.
The system will be ShopUW+ although as you can see below it is much more than just a new iteration of Shop@UW. This cloud based system will automate workflows and eliminate paper transactions.
Phase One is launching Spring 2021.
The following table explains some of the changes that are coming and compares the current and future state of the processes.
|Current Name||Future Name||Current Format||Future Format|
|Shop@UW||ShopUW+||Limited to eCommerce||
|XRG Requisition Generator||PR or Requisition||Paper and Signatures||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|DP Direct Payments||Form||Paper and Signatures||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|PIR Payment to Individual||Form||Paper and Signatures||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|Purchased Services Form||Form||Paper and Signatures||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|EMF Encumbrance Management Form||Change request form||Paper and Signatures||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|Sole Source Justification||Form||Paper and Signatures||Electronic form with workflow approvals|
|Contract Search Tool||Contract Module||Web Lookup||
|W9||W9||Paper or FAX||Phase 2 - vendor submission through electronic portal|
|Insurance certificate||Insurance certificate||Paper or FAX||Phase 2 - vendor submission through electronic portal|
Every employee will automatically be a shopper. Shoppers can choose and put items to purchase in their ecommerce shopping cart or create requests for items and send to a Requestor to submit requisitions.
Each unit will identify a "requestor" who will review all requests for their unit. The Requestor will be responsible for choosing the funding strings and ensuring unit purchasing policy is adhered to. The Requestor completes the order or requsition and submits.
A Requestor has the authority to purchase up to $100 of items from a ShopUW+ catalog vendor without additional approvals. If the item is over $100, the request is forwarded to the Approver.
The Approver will review the purchase, the funding string, and approve the purchase.
There may be additional Roles based on the cost or type of item.
- Responsible for shopping for goods and services, creating carts, and assigning carts to requestors
- Limited user access outside of shopping functionality and purchasing permissions
- Automatically assigned to every UW Employee
- Do not need to know funding string
- Responsible for reviewing and cubmitting requisitions for approval.
- Finalizing accounting/shipping information, providing attachments and submitting requisitions for approval
- A natural progression from the shopper role
Training and User Support
The Project team is creating training for all users of the new system. This video provides an overview on the support users can expect from the project team.
- Training will provide Staff with knowledge and skills needed to transition to ShopUW+
- Online role-based training will be provided
- Self-paced, self-service learning
- ShopUW+ Foundations
- Based on their role(s) in the system, users will be aligned to a learning path that includes a variety of learning resources:
- Job Aids
- Self-paced e-learning & Micro-learning Modules
- WebEx Interactive Knowledge Sessions
- Peer Coaching
- ShopUW+ Essentials, a central web-based training repository, will house job aids, training materials and other information
- Single point of contact for Customer Service
Business Process workflows are critical to any process improvement. As each process is rolled out, the project team will also provide process workflows.
Shopping cart created and submitted for workflow
AUTO RETURN OR REJECT
Step driven to reduce human interaction before approvals
Approval step driven by financial or departmental threshold needs
Approval step driven by product flags or other exception criteria
Approval step driven by set criteria prior to PO creation and distribution
PURCHASE ORDER CREATION
PO created for dispatch/distribution
UW System Resources
900 Wood Rd.
Kenosha, WI 53144
Tallent Hall 245
Parking: Lot T
- WED7:45 am to 4:30 pm
During the campus closure, our staff will be working remotely from 7:45 am to 4:30 pm. Please reach out to staff by phone, email, Skype, or Jabber.
Please note that documents you would send via intercampus mail can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com