Creating an D2L Online Room [Blackboard Collaborate]
- On the main navigation bar on your course home page, expand the Communication drop down menu and select Online Rooms.
- Click New Room.
- Give the Online Room an appropriate Name and, if desired, a description.
- There are two options for Room Visibility:
- Restricted Room: Will be available to only those who are manually added by the room creator.
- Public Room: Will automatically be available to the entire class list.
- In the Availability section, choose the start and end dates/times.
- In the Advanced Properties section, click Show Room Restrictions to view the options.
Once the desired options have been set, click on the Save button.
NOTE: Granting participants unrestricted access to the all resources option will give students access to anything uploaded to the room.