Purpose & mission
The Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, established in 2011, collaborates with students, faculty, administrators, staff and members of the surrounding community to promote and implement the University of Wisconsin-Parkside's mission and strategic diversity and inclusion initiatives.
The Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside will be recognized within the Great Lakes region as a premier office in fostering diversity and inclusion.
- Fair and ethical standards to all those we serve
- Being good stewards of the resources we have
- Quality programming as our way of operating
- Being knowledgeable of emerging best practices and trends
- The balance between professional and personal lives
- The contribution of others that help achieve our goals and objectives
- The ability to forge and develop collaborative and cooperative relationships with stakeholders
- Having fun at work
Diversity is crucial for maintaining excellence in research/creative artistry, learning and community engagement. The University of Wisconsin-Parkside celebrates many differences among people including but not limited to diversity in race, ethnicity, ability, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and age. UW-Parkside strives to strengthen diversity with programs that will accomplish the following:
- Attract and retain diverse students, faculty, and staff;
- Respect and appreciate the many cultures and multiple perspectives within the communities that UW-Parkside serves;
- Promote equity and success for all students, faculty and staff;
- Prepare students, faculty and staff to act ethically in relation to diversity on campus and in local and global communities
- Address racism, oppression, and all forms of neglect and discrimination throughout the campus at all levels.