The Campus Planning Office at UW-Parkside resides in the Finance and Administration Office. It is charged with the following activities in support of the campus’ strategic and academic plans:
- Facilities master planning (including building site selection, vehicular circulation and parking, pedestrian and bicycle circulation, landscape planning, natural areas and open space planning, signage and site furnishings).
- Capital planning (preparation and submittal of the six-year biennial capital plan, including the scope, budget and prioritization of major projects, instructional-space projects, and all-agency projects).
- Space planning (maintenance of campus space inventory, analysis of space needs, review and recommendation of space reassignments, classroom and lab demand analysis).
- Oversight of consultant design and construction contracts for new construction projects.
- Remodeling activities within existing buildings (including oversight of both smaller in-house construction projects, and outside design and construction contracts).
- Environmental compliance (interpretation and implementation of the Wisconsin Environmental Policy Act).
- Coordinating these activities with budget planning, academic planning, and strategic planning.