This four course certificate centers on courses on campus that have real world applications that complement your learning objectives. If you want to graduate with experience related to your field while contributing to the community, this certificate is for you.
- Deepen your understanding of course concepts
- Connect course concepts to your experiences for deeper learning
- Achieve an understanding of community needs
- Contribute a valuable service to your community
- Add to your resume or portfolio
- Cultivate your own interests while working with community partners
- Make valuable connections for future employment
How can I get this certificate?
Sign up to receive the Certificate on a Declaration form and contact Continuing Education and Community Engagement for advising (262) 595-3340 or email@example.com. Certification requires that you:
- Take CBL 101: Introduction to Community-Based Learning (3 credits)
- Take a capstone course that incorporates Community-Based Learning (3 credits)
- Take additional two courses that have a designated number of CBL credits associated with them. You need ten CBL credits to receive the certificate.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its services, program activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodations, contact the Continuing Education and Community Engagement at least eight weeks in advance at: 262-595-3340 (V), 262-595-2513 (FAX), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.