Completion and Transcript Designation
- Maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 3.5
- Complete 24 Credits of honors course work, including
- Three one credit Honors Seminars
- Two other Honor designated courses, (excluding English 101)
- Three credits of Honors Thesis that is usually completed during the last two to three semesters before graduation.
Grade of B+ or higher must be earned in any course taken for Honors credit
The remaining credits may be earned through Honors projects attached to regularly scheduled courses or additional Honors Seminars or Honors designated courses.
Students may also earn up to three credits for participation in special events.
- Completion of CBL 101
- Complete HONS 496, Civic Honors Senior Seminar
- Maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 3.0
- Portfolio documenting proficiency of the following competencies
- General knowledge of relevant public issues affecting local and global communities.
- In-depth knowledge of one public issue.
- Knowledge of groups, networks and systems that address or have the ability to impact the public issue.
- Demonstrated ability in developing a wide range of civic skills, attitudes and beliefs needed to effect change.
- Demonstrated ability to inform various audiences about the issue.
- Demonstrated ability to impact a public issue through effective participation in projects, groups, networks, and political or civic processes.
- Successful presentation of portfolio to a panel of faculty members and community partners.