FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why UW-Parkside?
- Where is UW-Parkside located?
- What is the Program structure, and how long will it take me to finish?
- How much will it cost?
- How do I apply?
- Do I qualify for the GMAT waiver?
- What is the admissions criteria?
- Who do I contact for more information?
We are proud of the MBA Program at UW-Parkside. This quality degree program provides you with unique opportunities for professional and career development. Our Business Department is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business (AACSB) International. This represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools with less than one-third of U.S. and only 5% of business schools worldwide meeting the rigorous AACSB accreditation standards. Also, we offer you an affordable high quality education because our MBA Program is ranked as one of the 50 most affordable AACSB-accredited MBA Programs in the United States.
Where is UW-Parkside located?
UW-Parkside is located in the strategic Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, with easy access from interstate 94 and Highway 31 (Green Bay Road). The 700 acre campus is adjacent to Petrifying Springs State Park and only one mile from the Lake Michigan shoreline.
What is the Program structure and how long will it take me to finish?
The 32-credit program is typically completed in one and half to two years, depending on the number of classes you can take each semester. The UW-Parkside MBA Program structure consists of eight required courses (16 credits) and elective courses (16 credits). Students who do not have an undergraduate in business may have to take some foundation courses. These courses include classes in fundamental areas such as accounting, finance, and economics. Please refer to the MBA Courses Overview
for detailed information.
MBA courses are offered primarily in the evenings to accommodate our graduate students who are employed. Our required courses and many electives are offered on campus. In addition, foundation courses and many other electives are offered online.
How much will it cost?
- $56 non-refundable application fee
Tuition for On-Campus courses:
Tuition is assessed based on the number of credits and your residency status. (Wisconsin residents pay a lower tuition.) For additional information please refer to: Fee Schedule
The online application process is outlined in detail, and all required forms are available on
. You will need to supply the following:
- Application form & fee
- Transcripts from all colleges attended
- GMAT score
- Two letters of recommendation
Applications are reviewed as they are received on a rolling basis. However, it is recommended that applications are submitted by the following dates:
- Fall admission: August 15th
- Spring admission: January 15th
- Summer admission: May 1st
- International Students have additional requirements which are detailed on the Apply section.
Do I qualify for the GMAT waiver?
A written request for a waiver must be submitted to the Associate Dean/MBA Director for review. There are a few exceptional circumstances that may qualify for the GMAT waiver as indicated below:
- The applicant has a cumulative undergraduate GPA >= 3.2
- The applicant has completed an advanced degree (Master's level or higher)
Meeting one or more of the criteria does not automatically result in a waiver. The Associate Dean/MBA Director will review all application materials before approving any waiver. (If more information is needed you can contact the Associate Dean/MBA Director.)
What is the Admission Criteria?
Students will be admitted to the UW-Parkside MBA program if they meet the following criteria:
- GMAT score + [200*undergraduate GPA] > = 1000
The Associate Dean/MBA Director will evaluate any applications not meeting the criteria cited above, and will considering all materials submitted by the applicant.
Who do I contact for more information?
- Dr. Michele V. Gee
- Interim Associate Dean and Director, UW-Parkside MBA Program
- Contact: Email preferred at email@example.com
- Telephone Number: (262) 595-2280