Community Service: Providing valuable community resources is key to our mission!
We realize that UW-Parkside serves as a valuable arts resource for our greater community. We know that it is our privilege and responsibility to share our creativity, talents, time, and resources with our audiences and other members of the theatre community who are involved in educational theatre endeavors.
In order to share our theatrical gifts and resources with our audience and community, we have established the following community service projects:
- Accessible, high-quality live theatre presentations - We strive to provide the members of our university and regional community the finest contemporary and classical plays and musicals at reasonable prices and convenient times. We attempt to provide our audiences with diverse and challenging productions that both entertain and educate.
- Matinee outreach program - Every production includes reduced-priced matinee performances for schools, senior citizen organizations, and other groups. We also provide teachers and group leaders with study guides, learning materials, theatre tours, and on-site workshops to help them to further enhance the live theatre experience.
- Popular general education courses - As a part of our theatre curriculum, we offer course in theatre appreciation, theatre history, and performance. These courses are offered to non-majors every semester and most summers.
- Free theatre workshops and presentations - The UW-Parkside theatre students and staff are available to offer a variety of free theatre-related workshops for community groups. Let us know what you need and we'll try to tailor-make a program for you!
- Costume and properties rental programs - We are happy to share our resources and artistic products with others as they "make theatre happen" on their own stages. Let us know what you need!
Can we serve you in any other way?
Please contact Professor Lisa Kornetsky, and let us know who we can serve the community in other ways!