Social Security Card

Non-immigrant International Students (F-1) and their dependents who are legally eligible to work as per their immigration status, are required to apply for a Social Security card, in order to be paid for employment.

International Students Applying for a Social Security Card

Please be aware that you will be required to be registered full-time at UW-Parkside and that you must have an on-campus job offer, before you apply for a Social Security card. To prepare your application, you must obtain a letter that has been signed by both the hiring department and the International Student Services Office.

Please visit the International Student Services Office (Greenquist L210) to get the form necessary to start this process. Normal processing of a Social Security card usually takes about 3 weeks, from the time that you submit your application at the Social Security office.

Once an international student has obtained the above-mentioned signatures, he/she must present the following at the Social Security Office:

The Social Security Administration will not accept your application unless you are present ALL of the above-mentioned documentation.

Social Security Offices

  • Racine
    4020 Durand Ave
    Racine , WI 53405
    (262) 554-4089

  • Kenosha
    5624 6th Ave
    Kenosha , WI 53140
    (262) 656-7844

More Information

900 Wood Road · P.O. Box 2000 · Kenosha, WI 53141-2000 P 262-595-2345