- Campus Life
- Admissions + Aid
- Athletics + Arts
- Alumni + Partners
- About Us
Artistic. Educational. Theatre arts promotes self-expression, discovery, and appreciation. Our theatre arts majors are more than actors in plays — they are members of the company in charge of props, stage concept and design, costume design, sound, direction, and more.
As a theatre arts major at Parkside, you are part of all the meticulous preparation that goes into bringing art to life in attempts to share a story full of emotion, a living breathing representation of cultural conflicts, or metaphors for human struggle and passion. The dynamic world of theatre arts is what the participants make it, the possibilities are endless.
An award winning program that produces high-quality productions year after year has quickly become a shining gem of the cultural arts in southeastern Wisconsin. Parkside's Theatre Arts Department has even more to offer and awaits all that are intrigued by this prodigious program.
Learn more about the Theatre Arts Department at Parkside.
Theatre arts majors at Parkside can expect a rich curriculum that studies all the aspects of the theatrical arts including history and criticism, dramatic literature, performance, directing, design, and technical production. Students are taught by faculty that share a deep passion in the field and are dedicated to helping students experience all the aspects of theatre.
Professional Experience While at Parkside | Students at Parkside are given a direct connection to employment at the Fireside Dinner Theatre in Fort Atkinson, WI.
Parkside's Theatre Arts Department was awarded the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents' "Teaching Excellence Award for Outstanding Academic Program." We are the only fine arts department in the state to ever win this award.
In the area of artistic quality, our theatrical productions have received over 100 "Regional Awards of Merit" from the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival.
We are active members of the United Stated Institute for Theatre Technology (USITT) and the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF). Our faculty serve as regional and national board members, respondents, and presenters.
Learn more about our award-winning program.
Parkside has many great talent and academic scholarship opportunities for theatre arts majors. Your application for admission acts as your initial application for Parkside scholarships and grants. Be sure to indicate your intended major on your application. Once you have been admitted, we may request additional information via email. To be eligible, you must be admitted to the university by February 1.
Here are a few of the scholarships available for new students:
See the scholarship page for more scholarship information.
Here's a sampling of theatre-related careers that Parkside graduates have chosen:
Our last graduating class had a 100% placement rate in the entertainment industry within two weeks of graduation! Overall, our placement rate is an amazing 92% in the industry or grad school. The other 8% of our graduates are well prepared for the work force, with highly-sought 21st century skills, and are employed outside the entertainment field.