Wisconsin Study Abroad Grant


Study Abroad Grants are funded by the state of Wisconsin for undergraduates who are residents of Wisconsin. The International Education Office awards these grants on a competitive basis.

To qualify for a Wisconsin Study Abroad Grant you must:  

  • Be a resident of Wisconsin
  • Be enrolled in an undergraduate program
  • Be listed with the Federal Student Financial Aid System (FAFSA)
  • Apply to an established study tour/study abroad program with an accredited college or university that includes a stay or at least two weeks and three credits.
    For a study abroad program to be considered, academic requirements will be reviewed to ensure credits will be earned and can be applied toward the student's major, minor or general coursework.
  • Have a current GPA of 2.5 or higher.


Applying for a Wisconsin Study Abroad Grant

To apply for a Wisconsin Study Abroad grant, the prospective study abroad participant must complete the following: 

  1. Study Abroad Initial Inquiry Form [pdf]
  2. Study Abroad Application [pdf]
  3. Write an essay (statement of purpose) with information concerning the student's goals and objectives while studying abroad.  
  4. Provide 2 recommendations, including at least one from a UW-Parkside faculty or academic staff member.   
  5. Provide a DARS report or an official transcript.


  • For fall programs - March 1st.
  • For spring programs - October 14th
  • For summer programs - March 1st

900 Wood Road · P.O. Box 2000 · Kenosha, WI 53141-2000 P 262-595-2345