Lawton Scholar Program
The Lawton Grant is designed to support your educational success, while reducing your student debt. To be eligible, you must be:
1. A Wisconsin resident
2. An underrepresented minority student
3. At least sophomore status (25 credits or more)
4. In academic good standing (cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above)
5. Enrolled as a full-time student (12 or more credits each fall and spring semester)
6. Successfully complete at least 24 credits each year
7. Demonstrate financial need (based on your FAFSA)
Your award can range from $1,000 to $3,000 per year. Since this grant was created to "support your success in college," you will need to:
- Attend the annual Lawton Scholar Welcome Session/Information meeting
- Complete your annual Lawton Success Contract
- Complete the assigned modules of "Cash Course" (an online, financial literacy program)
- Review annually with your academic advisor your "Graduate Parkside Plan"
- Participate in at least one of the following campus engagement activities:
Student Support Services Program ParticipantThe list of approved campus engagement activities may vary each year.
Student Activities Leadership Certificate Program
OMSA Always Reaching Upward Mentorship program (or other approved program)
Develop a Wisc Careers Portfolio
Participate in the Ranger Link program.
If you have specific questions regarding your eligibility or the requirements for the Lawton Scholar program, please contact the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs at 262-595-2731