Culture, Belonging, and Student Success
CALL TO ARTISTS
In honor of the 40-Year Anniversary of the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (OMSA), our office is looking for a UW-Parkside student or alumnus to design and paint a mural that will become an integral part of our physical space within the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.
The mural should embody the office’s mission, "to holistically support underrepresented students in their success while fostering a culture of belonging, recognition, and equity at UW-Parkside". The mural should also incorporate the office’s values of Advocacy, Belonging, Development, and Recognition.
Commission Payment | $1,800
If selected by the jury and campus community, artist will receive $1,800 which will be split in two payments: $900 to begin the project and $900 once the project is completed.
Artist will provide paint and materials needed for this project through completion. The mural must be painted on Masonite and can be in large segments (panels) up to the length of the mural space.
Wall Area behind front desk (see green outline on photo)
The wall measurements are 12 feet (width) x 5 feet (height).
Artist may submit up to three entries, and must be a UW-Parkside student or alumnus.
Includes the following elements:
- Original artwork of mural proposal in color with as much detail (pdf)
- Artist description of mural interpretation (pdf)
- Two portfolio samples (pdf)
Application (Qualtrics form)
- Artist will supply all paint and materials needed for mural completion.
- Mural must be painted on Masonite and will be mounted on wall
Artist will be responsible for transporting Masonite panels to UW-Parkside campus
- Mural will be displayed for at least one year, or more, at the discretion of UW-Parkside
- Painting can begin February 20, 2023 and should be completed by April 14, 2023
Application will open December 2, 2022
Entry submission deadline February 6, 2023
Artist must complete mural by April 14, 2023
Jury and selection
Parkside Jury will select finalists by February 10
Campus voting will be February 13–February 15
Winner announced on February 17