Filling Out Your Housing Application

New Students

An undergraduate student is sent a housing packet in the mail within a few weeks after the student has been admitted to UW-Parkside. All freshman and sophomore students (students who have not earned 54 or more credits as of the first day of classes) who are not veterans, married, or living with parents or guardian within the commutable range shall be required to live in a University operated Residence Hall when such accommodations are available. For more information, see Mandatory Requirements.

A student needs a UW-Parkside e-mail address in order to complete a Residence Hall and Dining Contract.

Housing assignments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis, so the earlier a student completes a housing contract and pays the $50 Application Fee, the better chance that housing preferences can be accommodated.Assignments are made in mid-summer and our sent out in the middle of July, and students receive their room assignments and roommate information via e-mail to the University of Wisconsin Parkside Account. Contracts received after initial assignments have been posted are assigned as time and spaces permit.

How to Apply

To apply for a room in University Residence Halls, you must submit:

  • Residence Hall and Dining Plan Contract available and completed online.
  • A $50 Application Fee, made payable to UW-Parkside.

Once you submit your application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to pay your $50.00 Application Fee. You can do this one of two ways:

  • Pay on line using your SOLAR account(note: SOLAR requires your UW-P email user name and password)
    • Select Campus Finances
    • Select Make a Payment
    • Select Payment Method
  • OR Send a check or money order to Cashiers Office, 900 Wood Road, Kenosha, WI 53141-2000. Please indicate Housing Application Fee and your student ID number on the check.


900 Wood Road · P.O. Box 2000 · Kenosha, WI 53141-2000 P 262-595-2345

Who Are You?

Tell Us