Living Learning Communities
Global VillageThe Global Village Living-Learning Community is designed to provide a cross-cultural experience for students who are interested in broadening their understanding of world issues and cultures. The Global Village brings together international and domestic students to live in a joint environment in The Pike River Suites.
In addition to the living community, the Global Village offers a variety of programming that includes both on- and off-campus activities! The Global Village is ideal for students planning on studying abroad, international students, students studying foreign languages, as well as any student who is interested in world affairs.
Participants are expected to actively participate in the organization and implementation of cross-cultural programming. Such an environment serves to further enhance the building of an inter-culture community.
If you are accepted into Global Village, in addition to the normal room charges, there is an additional $50 per semester fee. This fee helps cover the costs of special programs and other services unique to the Global Village, such as culture nights, international film screenings, community service activities, day trips to cultural events in the community, social outings in the Greater Milwaukee Area, and much more.
All students are eligible to live in the Global Village. As a member of this community you should:
- Want to meet people from all over the world
- Be interested in learning about other cultures and sharing information about your own
- Bring enthusiasm and curiosity for living and learning in an international community
- Actively participate in the development, design and implementation of various international and intercultural programs of the Global Village.
How do you apply to be in the Global Village Living Learning Community?
In order to be considered for the Global Village Living-Learning Community you are required to complete an application. The deadline for applications is July 1st. Applications are considered on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be accepted until all spaces are filled. There are limited spaces, so if you are interested in this great leadership and living opportunity, return your application today.
- Complete your housing contract. When filling out the housing contract, be sure to rank the Global Village as your primary living option.
- Once you have completed the housing application, complete the Global Village Application.
- Submit your completed Global Village Application to:
Department of Housing and Residence Life
ATTN: Global Village LLC
4135 University Drive
Kenosha, WI 53144