RANGER RECOVERY: Updated mask / face covering requirements

Safe Walk Program

Are you concerned for your safety?
Are you studying or working at the University during the evening hours?
Are you walking to the parking lot, or to the Residence Halls in the dark?
The Safe Walk Program and University Police can assist you.

The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for the University community. During the evening hours, any time a faculty member, staff, student, or guest feels unsafe walking outside at the University they can request a Safe Walk.

The Safe Walk program is available to you by calling the University Police Department at (262) 595-2455 (just 2455 from an on-campus phone) or stopping by the Safe Walk table on the Main Concourse outside of the library entrance.

The Safe Walk table is staffed Monday-Thursday during the Fall, and Spring academic school year from 7p-11p. The program is not available on holidays. If an escort is needed before or after hours, contact the University Police Department and a Police Officer will assist you.

University Police will ask for the following information:

  • Your name
  • Your location
  • Identifying information like clothing and description of your vehicle

A Community Service Officer or Police Officer will then arrange to meet with you and escort you to a safe location. Community Service Officers are employed by University Police and have undergone a criminal background check.

Night Time Safety Tips

  • Walk in well lit, well traveled areas
  • Walk with a purpose, quickly and confidently
  • Walk with a friend
  • Be aware of your surroundings
  • Pay attention to cars or pedestrians in the area
  • If you think you are being followed, immediately dial 911, or if a blue emergency phone is nearby press the button for assistance. Know the location of the phones (PDF map).
  • Avoid areas containing a large amount of vegetative growth (shrubs, bushes, trees)
  • Carry a cell phone with you but be aware, talking on phones while walking is a distraction from possible danger



  • All emergencies should be reported directly to the police by dialing 2911 from any campus phone or dialing (262) 595-2911 from a cell phone.
  • “Blue Phones”emergency phones are located throughout campus and will dial directly to the University Police Department.
  • Report suspicious activity immediately to the University Police Department at (262) 595-2911.
  • Report any crime,whether you are a victim or a witness, to 911 or (262) 595-2911. You may also use our website to report a crime.
  • Dialing 911 directly will connect you to Kenosha Joint Services Dispatch.

Scroll to top
Who Are You?