1. Apply Using the WDVA's myWisVets Application Portal
Collect electronic copies (.pdf documents) of the following forms to submit:
  • Qualifying veteran's DD-214 (member copy #4 or #6 only)
  • Veteran's Residency Affidavit - WDVA Form 1805
    • Required ONLY IF the veteran was not a Wisconsin Resident when initially entered service but has lived in the state of Wisconsin for at least the last five years
  • Additional supporting documentation for Children or Spouses of a Qualifying Veteran in addition to the above must also submit electronic copies of:
    • proof of their relationship to the Qualifying Veteran (Birth Certificate, Marriage License, Adoption Record, etc.)
    • proof of the veteran's service-connected disability rating of 30% or greater
2. Submit WDVA Form 2029 to Parkside
  • WDVA Form 2029 - Application for Wisconsin GI Bill®
  • Children or spouses of a Qualifying Veteran must also submit with Form 2029:
    • Proof of relationship to Qualifying Veteran (birth certificate, marriage license, adoption record, etc.)
I am a TRANSFER student already using WIGI at another college
  • You need only submit the forms to Parkside in #2 above.

You must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.000 at Parkside to continue to qualify for the Wisconsin GI Bill®.

Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs
Phone 1-800-WIS-VETS ( 1-800-947-8387 ) or 608-266-1311
Mailing Address
State of Wisconsin - Department of Veterans Affairs
201 West Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 7843
Madison, WI 53707-7843
Veterans and Dependents are strongly encouraged to apply for Financial Aid: Apply

Back to Veterans Services

Scroll to top
Who Are You?