We understand that life takes some turns and sometimes you need to step away. If you previously attended UW-Parkside, but have not been enrolled for at least the last semester, you need to reapply to Parkside. We are excited that you are ready to come back and continue working towards your education and career goals.

Are you still thinking about it, but have some questions?


Schedule an appointment with an admission counselor to get your questions answered. We can help you estimate how many credits you may have left to finish your degree, or explore other program options if your plans have changed.

Have you taken classes since leaving UW-Parkside, and want to know how they will transfer to us? You can use Transferology to see if we have a course equivalency already established, or email your unofficial transcripts to an admission counselor and request an unofficial transcript evaluation. We can provide this to you before you take any additional steps.

Are you ready to apply?


step 1

Submit the UW System Application. If you used the online application previously, make sure to access your old account, as this will save you time and help Admissions link your previous record to the new application.

Students who previously took courses at UW-Parkside are not charged a fee to re-apply.


Step 2

Submit updated academic history (including final grades and transcripts from other institutions attended since leaving Parkside).*

* Students applying for re-entry must submit official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended after their original departure from UW-Parkside.

Applicants who have been dropped for academic reasons from another institution since last attending UW-Parkside are not eligible to return to the university until that hold is resolved. Under extraordinary circumstances the Admissions Office will consider appeals.



Re-activate your Ranger Mail and SOLAR accounts.

You will receive an Account Activation notification to your personal email within a week after you submit your application (please also check spam folders). If you do not receive this notification, you can reset your password by visiting the Logins page, and clicking on Password Self-Service, or by calling Computer Technology Services at 262-595-2444.



Check SOLAR to view any holds or balances that you may still have on your account.

If you have a hold, you can click on the link to view instructions on how to have the hold removed.

If you have a balance, you can contact the Cashier’s Office at 262-595-2258 | cashiers.office@uwp.edu.



Update your FAFSA application, or connect with financial aid if you have any questions. You can reach the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at 262-595-2574 | finaid@uwp.edu, or visit the Financial Aid website.

If you are a veteran or affiliated with a military service member, please visit our Veterans Services website and/or contact our Veteran Services Support Manager at veterans@uwp.edu.

Admitted Re-entry Student Checklist


step 1

Activate your SOLAR and Ranger Mail accounts, if you haven’t done so already




Step 2

Meet with your Academic Advisor

All re-entry students are required to meet with their assigned academic advisor to enroll in classes.  

You can set up an advising appointment through the advising platform, Navigate. Once installed, please follow these steps to set up an advising appointment.

If you have questions, please contact the Advising and Career Center at 262-595-2040.


Apply for Financial Aid

Complete your FAFSA or log back in and have it sent to UW-Parkside for your aid package. Financial aid counselors are here to help with any questions.



Parking permits can be ordered on your SOLAR account, and picked up outside of the bookstore during the first week of fall semester, or at the Campus Police Department, Tallent 188.

RangerCards (Campus ID) can be ordered online or in-person with the Student Center Campus Concierge Desk.

Questions regarding the re-entry process? Contact the Office of Admissions
262-595-2355  |  admissions@uwp.edu

Scroll to top