- Campus Life
- Admissions + Aid
- Athletics + Arts
- Alumni + Partners
- About Us
At Parkside, we proudly maintain strong partnerships with many regional colleges and universities. Our transfer admissions counselors provide guidance and prepare timely and accurate transfer credit evaluations, allowing you to maximize transfer credit and make informed decisions.
BE MONEY SAVVY
At Parkside, we believe an amazing education should also be affordable. Our tuition and fees are the lowest in the UW-System and our accessibility helps students succeed.
At Parkside, we are committed to the success of transfer students and the Parkside experience is designed to support your path to graduation. Transfer students benefit from small class sizes, individualized support from staff and faculty, and learning within and beyond the classroom.
1. Complete the UW System Online Application.
Create an account and start a new application for Parkside at apply.wisconsin.edu.
2. Submit application fee.
The application fee can be paid online at the time of submission using a credit card or in person with exact cash or check. A limited number of application fee waivers are available for applicants with extreme financial hardship. To request a waiver, complete the Application Fee Waiver form and submit it to the Office of Admissions.
3. Submit official high school transcript, GED scores, or HSED.
All transcripts must be official and come directly from the institution. Applicants who wish to be admitted on the basis of high school equivalency must submit official documents such as Certification of General Education Development (GED) including official GED score report
4. Submit official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities ever attended.
Official transcripts must be submitted for all colleges/universities ever attended, whether courses will transfer or not. All transcripts must be official and come directly from the institution.
Attn: UW-Parkside Admissions PO Box 2000
900 Wood Rd
Kenosha, WI, 53141
Rolling Admission: Parkside operates on a rolling admission basis and, as such, we reserve the right to stop accepting applications when we believe the enrollment capacities for the campus can be satisfied by the number of students already admitted. We encourage you to complete your application early.
Anticipated Deadlines: Parkside anticipates closing admission for new freshmen and transfer students no later than August 15 for Fall semester and January 15 for Spring semester. All application materials (including the application, transcripts, fees, test scores, etc.) need to arrive to admissions before the end of business each of these days.
Completed Application: Applications are reviewed once all application materials arrive. One missing item will hold up the entire application review process.
Processing Time: Once all materials are received, a committee will meet to review the application and a transfer decision is typically made within 5-7 days. At peak times and for students with a large number of transfer credits, additional days may be required.
Decision Letter: Applicants typically receive their decision letter within two weeks of submitting all materials. You may also call us to check the status of your application: 262-595-2355. A decision can only be shared directly with the student who applied.
Comprehensive Review: Parkside completes a comprehensive review with each application we receive. Thoroughly complete the entire application including the personal statement. Both academic and nonacademic factors that are presented in an application are used to make an admission decision. The most competitive candidates for admission present positive factors in their application that are both academic and nonacademic. If you have been denied admission and wish to learn about the appeal process, please contact the Admissions Office.
Transfer students who are likely to be admitted will have:
At least 12 transferrable credits
Have a 2.0 or higher in transferrable course work
Once all application materials are submitted and your application is complete, an official transfer credit evaluation will be completed. All credits will be reviewed for transfer to UW-Parkside if the credits were completed a regionally accredited college or university. If you are admitted to the university, you will be emailed a link to your transfer credit report.
If you have military experience, submit an official copy of your joint service transcript or Community College of the Air Force transcript to be evaluated. Additional information can be found at on our Veteran’s Services page.
Humanities and the Arts - 12 creditsSocial and Behavioral Science - 12 creditsNatural Science - 12 credits
View our list of majors to explore programs offered, including majors, minors, certificates, and pre-professional programs. Learn more about an academic program and contact information.
View the academic catalog to explore course requirements for certain majors, general requirements for all Parkside students, and more.
View the course schedule to see offerings and times for current and upcoming semesters. Use the advanced class search setting to search for certain course formats, days offered, subject areas, and more.
A number of factors affect your timeline to graduation, including your transfer credits, how many credits you choose to enroll in, semesters you wish to take courses (fall and spring only or winter and/or summer additionally), and more. After being admitted to the university, your advisor will help you establish your path to graduation.
To receive a bachelor's degree from UW-Parkside, students must:
1. Complete 120 credits of college work. This must include 36 credits in courses numbered 300 or above. Certain elementary courses are identified in the catalog and/or course schedule as not counting toward the 120 credits required for graduation. In addition, only the first 8 credits of physical education activity courses (100 level) may be counted toward graduation or grade point averages (GPA).
2. Earn a minimum of 30 of their final 60 credits toward their undergraduate degree at UW-Parkside. Individual departments and programs may require that certain courses must be taken at UW-Parkside. Students must complete all course work to be counted toward graduation by the end of the semester/subscription period in which they graduate.
3. Attain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 on a 4.00 scale. Some programs have higher GPA requirements. Transfer students must also have a cumulative 2.00 GPA on the combination of transfer credits accepted and credits attempted at UW-Parkside.
4. Complete an approved major program of study with the minimum major GPA as specified by the program or department. Usually, the minimum GPA is 2.00 on a 4.00 scale, but some majors require a higher GPA. Students who apply transfer credits to their majors must also meet the minimum major GPA requirement on the combination of transfer credits and UW-Parkside credits. At least 15 credits of upper level course work (courses numbered 300 or higher) must be completed at UW-Parkside. A student may not graduate with an incomplete grade in major course work if failure in that course would reduce the GPA in the major below the minimum GPA.
5. Meet UW-Parkside general university requirements. To see how the number of transfer credits affect these requirements, click the "Transfer Credit" tab. For a full list of university policies, see the academic catalog. This includes:
i. Skills Requirements
ii. General Education Requirements
iii. Foreign Language Requirement
iv. Ethnic Diversity Requirement
6. Submit an application to graduate and pay the required application fee. This is the way in which students obtain institutional and departmental approval of their petition to graduate.
Along with considering your transfer credits, it's important to visit our campus, experience Parkside first-hand, and learn about campus resources. From campus tours to specialized visit events, we offer many ways for you to get acclimated to campus.
Receive updates and information on Parkisde, academic programs, financial aid, and more. Sign up today!
Call Admissions at 262-595-2355. View our hours of operation.
Email email@example.com or contact your admissions counselor.
Schedule an appointment with an admissions counselor by calling 262-595-2355.