Transfer Students

UW-Parkside knows transfer students. In fact, each year nearly half of our graduates are transfer students! With unique life experiences and goals, your needs are specific as a transfer student and we are ready to help.

Start your transfer journey here 

How do I transfer? How much will it cost? When can I graduate? We are here to help. Start with these tools to find out how UW-Parkside can help you.

Curious to see how your credits will transfer to UW-Parkside? Not sure what to do next? Our counselors are here to provide a personal and custom-tailored experience where you can see what you have completed, what programs look like for you, and when you can graduate. 

Schedule time to meet with a transfer counselor

Log onto our online self-service tool, TRANSFEROLOGY to see how your courses will transfer to UW-Parkside.

If you have any questions or if courses do not show up, please contact a transfer counselor.

Transferology logo


Go to Transfer Wisconsin to learn more about how courses transfer in the University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Technical College, and Tribal College Systems.

With tuition rates that are among the lowest in the UW-System and more than $700,000 in scholarships each year, we give students amazing opportunities at a reasonable cost.


Out-of-State Scholarships

University Scholarships

Need help? Reach out to a financial aid counselor here

Evaluation for Online Degree Completion Programs

UW-Parkside offers online degree completion programs in:
To see if you are eligible for an online degree completion program, the UW-Parkside transfer admissions team will evaluate your credits before you apply.

To request an evaluation, complete the Online Degree Completion Program Readiness Evaluation Request.

If you have military experience, UW-Parkside is here to give you credit for your service. Please email to learn more about your credit. Additional information and help for veterans can be found on our Veteran’s Services page.

College credit may be awarded for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) coursework, and CLEP score results. An official AP score report, official CLEP score report, or official IB transcript must be sent to Parkside prior to attending.


Talk with a counselor

Discuss academic programs, the transfer admissions process, answer your questions about UW-Parkside, or complete a personal transfer credit evaluation. If you would like to discuss our programs, you can schedule a meeting with an admissions counselor.

Schedule a meeting with an admissions counselor


Adult students can find resources by visiting the Center for Adult and Returning Students (CARS) website.

Academics Quick Navigation


View our list of majors to explore programs offered, including majors, minors, certificates, and pre-professional programs. Learn more about an academic program and contact information.  

Academic Catalog

View the academic catalog to explore course requirements for certain majors, general requirements for all Parkside students, and more.

Course Schedule

View the course schedule to see offerings and times for current and upcoming semesters. Use the advanced class search setting to search for certain course formats, days offered, subject areas, and more.

Graduation Requirements:

A number of factors affect your timeline to graduation, including your transfer credits, how many credits you choose to enroll in, semesters you wish to take courses (fall and spring only or winter and/or summer additionally), and more. After being admitted to the university, your advisor will help you establish your path to graduation.

To receive a bachelor's degree from UW-Parkside, students must:

1. Complete 120 credits of college work. This must include 36 credits in courses numbered 300 or above. Certain elementary courses are identified in the catalog and/or course schedule as not counting toward the 120 credits required for graduation. In addition, only the first 8 credits of physical education activity courses (100 level) may be counted toward graduation or grade point averages (GPA).

2. Earn a minimum of 30 of their final 60 credits toward their undergraduate degree at UW-Parkside. Individual departments and programs may require that certain courses must be taken at UW-Parkside. Students must complete all course work to be counted toward graduation by the end of the semester/subscription period in which they graduate.

3. Attain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 on a 4.00 scale. Some programs have higher GPA requirements. Transfer students must also have a cumulative 2.00 GPA on the combination of transfer credits accepted and credits attempted at UW-Parkside.

4. Complete an approved major program of study with the minimum major GPA as specified by the program or department. Usually, the minimum GPA is 2.00 on a 4.00 scale, but some majors require a higher GPA. Students who apply transfer credits to their majors must also meet the minimum major GPA requirement on the combination of transfer credits and UW-Parkside credits. At least 15 credits of upper level course work (courses numbered 300 or higher) must be completed at UW-Parkside. A student may not graduate with an incomplete grade in major course work if failure in that course would reduce the GPA in the major below the minimum GPA.

5. Meet UW-Parkside general university requirements. To see how the number of transfer credits affect these requirements, click the "Transfer Credit" tab. For a full list of university policies, see the academic catalog. This includes:

i. Skills Requirements
ii. General Education Requirements
iii. Foreign Language Requirement
iv. Ethnic Diversity Requirement

6. Submit an application to graduate and pay the required application fee. This is the way in which students obtain institutional and departmental approval of their petition to graduate.

Transfer Credit Policies

An overview of transfer students policies affecting general university requirements and skill requirements is shown below. For additional policies and procedures, view the academic catalog.

Transfer Students and General University Requirements

1. Transfer credit is generally awarded for college level course work completed at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

Credits may be granted for post-secondary course work at a foreign institution if the institution is recognized by the Ministry of Education or the equivalent authority who supervises tertiary education in that country. Students seeking transfer from an international post-secondary institution will be referred to a foreign credential service to determine U.S. credit equivalents for academic work completed at an institution of higher learning in another country (ECE, WES, One Earth).
2. Transfer courses which are the substantial equivalent of approved UW-Parkside general university requirements (skills, general education, foreign language*, and ethnic diversity requirements) courses will be counted toward general education requirements.

3. Transfer students with less than 54 transferable credits will be required to meet UW-Parkside skills, general education,foreign language*, and ethnic diversity requirements.

4. Transfer students with 54 or more transferable credits will be required to meet the general education requirement by categories, NOT the specific distribution by subcategories. The distribution by categories is as follows:
Humanities and the Arts - 12 credits
Social and Behavioral Science - 12 credits
Natural Science - 12 credits
These students must also complete UW-Parkside's skills, foreign language*, and ethnic diversity requirements.

5. Students transferring to UW-Parkside from a UW System institution (the four-year universities and two-year colleges) may follow the UW-Parkside general university requirements that were in effect at the time they entered the previous institution. Transfer students should contact the Advising and Career Center for detailed information on general education requirements.

6. Transfer students with bachelor's degree from an accredited liberal arts, baccalaureate degree-granting college or university, or an associate of arts or science degree (with at least 45 transferable credits) from an accredited college parallel liberal arts program will be considered to have completed the UW-Parkside general education and skills requirements. Students must still meet the foreign language* and ethnic diversity requirements.

7. Transfer students who complete 90 transferable credits (as outlined above), a bachelor's degree from an accredited liberal arts, baccalaureate degree-granting college or university, or an associate of arts or science degree (as outlined above) at another institution after enrollment at UW-Parkside are exempt from UW-Parkside general education and skills requirements only if the 90 transferable credits or the degree is awarded within one year of initial enrollment at UW-Parkside. Students must still meet the foreign language* and ethnic diversity requirements.

8. Students may transfer a maximum of 72 transferable degree credits earned at a non-baccalaureate accredited liberal arts/collegiate transfer program. Occupational/ technical courses may also be considered for transfer if the quality and content of the course work is judged to be comparable to course work at UW-Parkside. UW-Parkside may accept additional credits toward the degree where appropriate. This does not alter university policies related to program completion, residency or graduation requirements.

9. College level credits completed at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization earned more than 10 years prior to admission will be accepted in transfer but may not fulfill a program or degree requirement.

10. Transfer, degree seeking student must earn a minimum of 30 of their last 60 credits at UW-Parkside toward their degree to fulfill the residency requirement. Individual departments and programs may require that certain courses be taken at UW-Parkside.

11. If a student earns transfer credits via a transfer or articulation agreement and subsequently changes his/ her academic major or program, all transfer credits may be reevaluated to determine if, and how they apply to the new major or program.

12. Students may appeal any course transfer determination by contacting UW-Parkside in writing. Students will be required to supply a course syllabus used during the term and year the course was completed.

* Transfer students in business management online and sustainable management and health information management and technology collaborative, online degree-completion programs will be exempt from the university's foreign language requirement. See the appropriate academic section for further information.

Certification of Transfer Students in Skills Requirements

While transfer students are expected to complete the skills requirements within the deadlines stated in the policy, the university recognizes that transfer students may have met the reading, writing, computational, and/or information literacy skills  requirements at a previous college or university. Therefore, the faculty has created guidelines for evaluating the applicability of previous course work for certification in these areas; this evaluation is completed when the student is first accepted to UW-Parkside.   
Reading and Writing Competencies: Transfer students will be certified in the reading and writing competencies if they have successfully completed a course equivalent to English 101 at another college or university with a grade of C-minus or better. Students who have not completed such a course should take the English placement test to determine which course to take. Placement beyond English 101 fulfills the reading and writing competency for graduation.  
Computational Skills: Transfer students will be certified in computational skills if they have completed a course equivalent to Mathematics 111 or Mathematics 102 with a grade of C-minus or better, or passed any higher level mathematics course at a previous college or university. Students who have not completed such course work should take the mathematics placement test. Placement into Mathematics 112 or beyond on the UW-Parkside placement test fulfills the computational skills requirement for general education; however, some majors may require additional mathematics courses.  
90+ Acceptable Credits: Transfer students with 90 or more acceptable credits of multidisciplinary course work from an accredited liberal arts, baccalaureate degree-granting college or university will be considered to have completed UW-Parkside skills requirements.
The same policy shall apply to transfer students holding acceptable associate degrees, provided they have completed 45 or more transferable credits. 

Contact us


Information about Parkside, academic programs, financial aid, and more. Sign up today!


Call Admissions at 262-595-2355. View our hours of operation.

EMAIL US or contact your admissions counselor.


Schedule an appointment with an admissions counselor by calling 262-595-2355.

As a transfer student at Parkside, you will:

At Parkside, we proudly maintain strong partnerships with many regional colleges and universities. Our transfer admissions counselors provide guidance and prepare timely and accurate transfer credit evaluations, allowing you to maximize transfer credit and make informed decisions.

At Parkside, we believe an amazing education should also be affordable. Our tuition and fees are the lowest in the UW System and our accessibility helps students succeed.

At Parkside, we are committed to the success of transfer students and the Parkside experience is designed to support your path to graduation. Transfer students benefit from small class sizes, individualized support from staff and faculty, and learning within and beyond the classroom.

Scroll to top