After Completing the FAFSA - Next Steps
After you have completed the FAFSA:
- Go back to the FAFSA home page within a week of submission, log in and click on 'View Processed Information' to ensure that your FAFSA application was processed and has no errors or missing items. If everything was processed, you should have received a link to your Student Aid Report (SAR) via email.
- Make sure UW-Parkside's school code (005015) is listed on your FAFSA application.
- If you haven't already done so, apply for admission to the university. The Financial Aid Office will not award financial aid until you have been admitted as a degree seeking student.
- The Financial Aid Office receives processed FAFSA applications beginning in early October, and weekly after that. You will want to log in to UW-Parkside's Student Information System (SOLAR) regularly until you are awarded financial aid. If any additional information is required of you, you will see 'To Do List' items on the right hand side of your home page.
- Monitor your UW-Parkside email account, as this is the preferred method of communication by the Financial Aid Office. You'll receive an email once you have been awarded financial aid. At that time, go to the 'After Awarding' section of our site for more information.