Classified, Custodian - 3rd Shift (multiple openings)
Code: 026 Posted: 04/09/2014
Custodians, 3rd shift – Permanent Positions
Random Ranked Recruitment
The University of Wisconsin Parkside currently has 2 Custodian position vacancies in Facilities Management for 3rd Shift. Applications can be submitted for Custodian positions at any time, however applications received by Monday April 14th will be entered into the random numbering process for the 2 immediate openings.
Schedule/Pay Range:03-08, Pay will be based on the rules that apply to compensation upon promotion and hire transactions.Starting salary is between $11.397 and $14.377 per hour.A six month probationary period is required.For benefit eligibility and information visit http://www.wisconsin.edu/hr/benefits/cben.pdf
The primary responsibilities for the Custodian position is: maintenance of campus buildings and furnishings; maintenance of custodial equipment and supply closets; and, recognize problems and take appropriate corrective action to perform required routine maintenance.
Job duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities can be found in the position description.
How to Apply:
Go to http://wisc.jobs/public/index.asp and enter Custodian in the keyword space and click search.Click on the Custodian position listed for "Statewide Utilization" and follow the directions on "How to Apply".
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
If you have a Wisc.Jobs account:
- Click "Log In to Apply" at the top of the job announcement and log into your account. When you have logged in, find and view job announcement.
- Click "Apply Now" at the top of the job announcement.
- Review your Job Application and make any necessary updates and click "Continue"
- Complete the Job Preferences screen and click "Continue "
- You will be taken to the one exam question. The exam question confirms your interest in applying for this position. Answer the exam question and click "save and continue" at the bottom of the page. Confirm your answer to the question and click "Finalize Exam" to submit your application for this job.
If you do not have a Wisc.Jobs account:
- Click "Log In" at the top of the webpage
- Click the "Create New Account" button and follow the steps to create a new account.
- Click "Apply Now" at the top of screen and complete steps 3 - 5 from above.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact the Wisc.Jobs help desk, (608) 267-1012, WiscJobs@wisconsin.gov
A computer-generated, random numbering process will assign rankings to determine applicant interview eligibility. If you apply to this position, your name will be put on a list of applicants called a "register". Once a register is created, you will be contacted by UW-Parkside to apply for the position by completing a UW-Parkside application and submitting a resume.
Any questions regarding this position, please contact Barbara Farrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262/595-2256.
Employment will require a criminal background check.A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an application.In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.Information regarding campus safety and creating a bias free environment is available on our website at the Campus Annual Security Report. Printed copies of the information are available from University Police & Public Safety, 262-595-2455, Tallent Hall, Room 188, Kenosha, WI53144.
The University of Wisconsin Parkside is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer.
Contact Name: Barbara Farrar
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2256
Contact Email: email@example.com