The Psychology Department at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside seeks applications for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Counseling/Clinical Psychology with Health Specialization, scheduled to start in the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Counselor Education, or closely related specialty (ABD will be considered; however, contract renewal will be contingent on completing degree within one-year of date of hire)
- Demonstrated specialization in Health Psychology
- Demonstrated promise as an instructor of record, including evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Demonstrated promise as a scholar
- Experience providing clinical supervision
- APA-accredited graduate program and pre-doctoral internship, or CACREP-accredited doctoral program
- Experience teaching Health Psychology at either the undergraduate or graduate level
- Licensed or license eligible as either a Psychologist or Professional Counselor in the State of Wisconsin within 2 years of hire
- Experience teaching Personality Psychology (undergraduate), Introductory Psychology (undergraduate), an advanced elective consistent with interests and training (undergraduate or graduate)
- Experience in program development
- Experience in academic advising
- Experience working effectively with students and staff from culturally diverse backgrounds
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses (including Health Psychology); research and scholarly activity; advising and supervising students; providing service to the department and university; and working collaboratively with the University Community. This person will be working with a diverse population and non-traditional students.
- The individual will be centrally involved in developing, implementing and staffing a planned M.S. Program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, with a Health Psychology concentration.
- For information about the Psychology Department, visit us at https://www.uwp.edu/learn/departments/psychology/
THE UNIVERSITY AND AREA
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
Applications received by April 21, 2017, are ensured full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCESSSTEP 1:
Please select the applicable link below:External Applicants Apply Here
currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link then continue to STEP 2Internal Applicants Apply Here
(candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link, then under "Main Menu" choose:
- "Self Service"
Under "Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "12961"
- Select "Assistant Professor of Counseling/Clinical Psychology with Health Specialization"
- Click "Apply Now"
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.STEP 3:
Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Letter addressing required and preferred qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of academic transcripts (unofficial acceptable at application stage)
- Names and current contact information from three professional references familiar with your work
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Reprints of selected research publications
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdfTotal Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7)
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm
. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.