NEW STUDENT/Re-entry FEE REFUND POLICY
The $260 New Student Fee is a one-time, non-refundable fee that is charged to the students' SOLAR account either (a) after the student completes Placement Testing and/or Orientation or (b) at the beginning of the term if the student registered for but did not cancel and did not attend Orientation. Students who are Re-Entry or Re-Admit that are required to attend Orientation will also be charged the same fee though it will appear on the student bill as “Re-Entry Fee” rather than New Student Fee. The New Student/Re-Entry Fee consists of:
New Student/Re-Entry Fee: Ranger Card Fee ($35)
All students are required to have Parkside’s official student identification card, the Ranger Card. The cost of the Ranger Card is $35. This fee will be charged to the student’s SOLAR account and the student will receive a Ranger Card during Orientation. Should the student fail to pick up the Ranger Card during the Orientation check-out process, the card will be relinquished to the Campus Concierge. The fee for lost, stolen or damaged cards will be responsibility of the student.
New Student/Re-Entry Fee: Enrollment Fee ($100)
All new students are required to pay an enrollment fee of $100. This fee covers costs associated with the admissions & matriculation process. This fee will be charged to the student’s SOLAR account.
New Student/Re-Entry Fee: Orientation & Course Placement Fees ($125)
All students admitted to Parkside are required to pay a one-time $125 Orientation & Course Placement fee. This fee covers all costs associated with attending an Orientation session (staffing, materials, marketing, technology, meals etc.) as well as the costs associated with being placed into Math, English and/or Foreign Language courses.
Orientation Guest Fees (only applicable if a student registers a guest, or guests, for Orientation and is not part of the New Student/Re-Entry Fee.)
In addition to the New Student Fee, all guests must pay a $35 Orientation fee. This charge covers all program materials, meals, staffing and technology during the orientation session. Children under 11 will be charged $20 per person. This fee will be charged to the student’s SOLAR account (a) after the guest attends Orientation or (b) at the beginning of the term if the guest registered for but did not cancel 3 days prior to the Orientation session.
- The New Student/Re-Entry Fee is non-refundable. However, a refund may be issued in certain situations according to the guidelines listed below. If a refund is approved, the refund amount will be charged a $40 transaction fee. Refunds will be credited to the students’ SOLAR account.
- Orientation Guest fees are also non-refundable. However, a refund may be issued in certain situations according to the guidelines listed below. If a refund is approved, the refund amount will be charged a $10 transaction fee. Refunds will be credited to the students’ SOLAR account.
- All refund requests must be submitted online and received no later than and received no later than October 1 (for students starting in Summer/Fall) or March 1 (for students starting in Winterim/Spring).
- Notification of refund status will be sent to the students Ranger Mail account within 10 business days of receiving the request.
- Refund decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
Situations considered for refund:
- Student or guest cancels reservation in appropriate timeframe and does not reschedule
- Student is unable to attend Parkside due to a medical emergency (documentation required) after attending Orientation.
There will be no refund issued in the following situations (note: this list is not inclusive):
- Requests made outside of the established deadline (listed in #3 above)
- Requests made after a registered student or guest fails to attend an orientation
- Student admission is rescinded by the university after attending orientation
- Student rescinds application or does not attend Parkside after attending orientation
First Year Students: Join the Class of 2022 on Facebook
Transfer Students: Join the Transfer Student Connections group on Facebook
Early College Credit Students: Join the Early College Credit group on Facebook
Follow Orientation on Instagram & Snapchat (@uwporientation)