Do I need to take a placement test?
It depends on whether you are a new freshman, adult, international or transfer student.
New Freshman - Your placement is determined by ACT or SAT sub-scores in English and mathematics. If you scored near the cut for college math or English, we would recommend that you take a placement test.
Adult and International Students - You will need to take a placement test prior to registration to determine your placement in English and math.
Transfer Students - If you have not taken a transferable math or English at your other institution, you will need to take a placement test prior to registration. If you are unsure of the transferability of your math or English course, please contact Admissions.
What do I need to know about placement testing?
- Placement testing is offered at a variety of locations. Computer based testing is available at some regional locations.
- English and math placement tests must be taken at least two weeks prior to your assigned orientation.
- A government-issued photo identification document, such as a driver's license, state-issued ID or passport is required.
- A non-graphing calculator may be used for the math test.
- Foreign language placement testing is optional. Foreign language testing is available at both regional and local testing dates.
- Regional testing begins at 8 a.m. Local testing begins at 12 noon.
- International students and students from outside Wisconsin may test at their own testing location
- Sample placement test questions are available online.
When are tests offered at UW-Parkside?
Regional Tests at UW-Parkside (open to ALL University of Wisconsin System applicants)
2016 Regional Testing Dates at UW-Parkside (Paper and Pencil tests only)
- Please check back in February for Regional Testing Dates
UW-Parkside Applicants and Currently Enrolled Student Only
- June 21 - Noon - Oak Room
- June 28 - 8:00 AM - Oak Room
- July 12 - 4:30 PM - Oak Room
- August 2 - 8:00 AM - Oak Room
- August 9 - Noon
- August 15 - 4:30 PM
- August 22 - 8:00 AM
- August 30 - Noon
- September 1 - 8:00 AM
You will receive an email confirmation with the location and time.
Note: Students requiring special accommodations should consult the UW Placement Testing website for regional tests or the UW-Parkside Disability Services at 262-595-2372 for other tests.