Do I need to take a placement test?
All Students: A math placement test is needed unless you have satisfactory transfer credit in the area of mathematics.*
Adult, international, and transfer students: An English placement test is needed unless you have satisfactory transfer credit in the area of English.*
*If you are unsure if your credit is applicable, contact the Admissions Office.
What do I need to know about placement testing?
- Placement testing is offered at a variety of locations. Computer based testing is available at some regional locations.
- English and math placement tests must be taken at least two weeks prior to your assigned orientation.
- A government-issued photo identification document, such as a driver's license, state-issued ID or passport is required.
- A non-graphing calculator may be used for the math test.
- Foreign language placement testing is optional. Foreign language testing is available at both regional and local testing dates.
- Regional testing begins at 8 a.m. Local testing times vary.
- International students and students from outside Wisconsin may test at their own testing location
- Sample placement test questions are available online.
When are tests offered at UW-Parkside?
Regional Tests at UW-Parkside (open to ALL University of Wisconsin System applicants)
2016 Regional Testing Dates at UW-Parkside (Paper and Pencil tests only)
- Regional Testing dates are not available at this
UW-Parkside Applicants and Currently Enrolled Student Only
- October 18 - 8:00 AM
- November 15 - Noon
- December 13 - 8:00 AM
- January 10 - Noon
- January 17 - 8:00 AM
- January 24 - 8:00 AM
Test location: You will receive an email confirmation with the location and time.
Note: Students requiring special accommodations should consult the UW Placement Testing website for regional tests or the UW-Parkside Disability Services at 262-595-2372 for other tests.