Click or tap on image to learn more.
UW-Parkside has received emergency funding from the Federal stimulus and from the generous donation of the UW-Parkside Foundation's Future Focus Fund to assist you with pandemic-related needs. If you have been financially impacted as a result of COVID-19, you can request emergency funding.
Tuition credit available for student health care workers
UW-System is offering a $500 tuition credit for eligible UW System with nursing skills and other health care backgrounds to work the front lines of Wisconsin’s fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Students eligible for the $500 tuition credit meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled at UW-Parkside for Spring 2021
- Able to document working 50+ hours in a Wisconsin health care setting between December 1, 2020 and February 1, 2021
- Must meet licensure and certification requirements (RN, LPN, CMA, CNA, CEMT, or Nurse aid)
UW System announces tuition credit for students working at COVID-19 vaccination sites.
A $500 tuition credit for eligible UW System nursing and pharmacy students is extended to students working at COVID-19 vaccination sites. The credit builds upon the existing incentives for UW System nursing and health care students to work in hospitals and other health care settings during the winter break through Feb. 1, and for nursing and pharmacy students to work on National Guard COVID-19 mobile vaccination teams.
Students will earn real-time experience and a $500 tuition credit to help administer vaccines that combat COVID-19. A $500 tuition credit will be provided to students who meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in a nursing or pharmacy program at UW-Parkside during the Spring 2021 semester.
- Must work a minimum of 16 hours, or two days, as a COVID-19 vaccinator between January 1, 2021, and March 31, 2021.
- Must have a current professional or nursing license with authorization to provide vaccination service, or coordinate with a Faculty Supervisor if not currently licensed.
To be eligible for the tuition credit, students must present a letter verifying the hours worked to the financial aid office by no later than March 31, 2021.
Don't get FOMO! Get Navigate. Here are some reasons why.
You're able to focus on what matters through one streamlined app.
The Navigate Student App features:
- Advisor and tutor appointment scheduling
- Your class schedule
- Campus resources
- To-do lists — like registration deadlines, advising reminders, etc.
- Study buddies
- And more!
Get the app
To access the app:
- Search in the app for "Parkside"
- Use the same username and password you use for all your university accounts
- Remember to enable push notifications for updates and reminders!
For those without a smartphone or other mobile device, Navigate is also available on desktops at uwp.navigate.eab.com.
Navigate is only for undergraduate students currently.
Navigate App - Need a Study Buddy?
Looking for a study buddy? Get the Navigate app and find a study buddy in your class. Plus, Navigate also helps you stay on top of important dates, deadlines, and messages.
Download in Google Play or the App Store
Navigate is only for undergraduate students currently.
We invite you to provide us with feedback on any aspect of your experiences at UW-Parkside to help us better serve our students and employees. Use this form to submit anonymous feedback to the UW-Parkside Office of the Provost. Your personal information will not be collected.
The Tech Bar offers technology services.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Technology experts to answer questions and troubleshoot issues with computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Assistance with account lockouts
- Assistance with password resets
- Wi-Fi connection assistance
- Software install assistance (Office 365, SPSS, VDI)
- Equipment checkout
- Pick up/drop off equipment
- Laptops, hotspots, headsets, webcams, video cameras, adapters, etc.
- Desktop support appointments*
- Software installs for faculty and staff
- Hardware/software issues for faculty and staff
*some services require an appointment
The techbar is closed when the university is officially closed, such as holidays, weather, etc.
Brickstone Grill & Eatery
7:30 AM-8 PM
10AM-1 PM and 5 PM-8 PM
All Week Highlights (Lunch & Dinner)
Fiery Hearth | Tater Totzza Pizza
Bread Box | Spicy Italian Club
Café Creations | Roasted Turkey w/ Make Your Own Pasta
MON-THU | 9 AM-1 PM
Spring 2021 Dining Plan Options For Commuter Students, Faculty & Staff – Order one today!
- The Ultimate Saver - $190 With the Ultimate Saver Plan you receive $120 Dining Dollars --- worth $240 at the Brickstone Grill & Eatery due to the 50% discount you receive with a Dining Plan purchase.
- The Premium Saver - $426 With the Premium Saver Plan you receive $270 Dining Dollars --- worth $540 at the Brickstone Grill & Eatery due to the 50% discount you receive with a Dining Plan purchase.
The Brickstone Grill & Eatery is open this month so you can start saving 50% tomorrow with the purchase of a dining plan.
PARC is open for in-person and online tutoring. Here's how to get to PARC.
Enter the Library on the L1 level. You can use the entrance in Main Place or the entrance on the concourse.
Proceed into the library through the security metal detectors. (Do not skip this step.)
Continue forward past the circulation desk. Turn right after the circulation desk.
Turn right again when you have arrived to the elevator lobby. Use either the stairs or the elevator to reach L2.
PARC is located just a few steps east of the elevator lobby on L2.
Campus Climate Survey
Attention undergraduate students! Check your email or use the link below to complete the climate survey between Feb 8 and Mar 26. Complete the survey to be entered to win a $25 gift card!
Register for the Virtual Internship & Career Fair
Apr 7 | 12-5 pm
Connect with employers and organizations throughout the region who are hiring for internship or full-time career opportunities now and into the summer. This is one of the top networking and recruiting events of the year and all majors are encouraged to attend!
After registering, remember you must sign-up for employer group and one-on-one sessions with the recruiters you're interested in to learn more and have face-to-face time with them.
21 Week Equity Challenge
Feb 1-Jun 21
The Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion along with Civic Action Team and Guskin Center for Community and Business Engagement encourage all our campus partners to join us in the 21-Week Equity Challenge. The 21-Week Equity Challenge is an opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of how inequity and racism affect our lives and communities.
Bookmark the Current Student page.
From your first day official day as a Ranger all the way through the finish line to your degree, you'll find what you need to keep moving on the current student page. It's your one-stop for all the links you'll need, and we keep it fresh so it's ready when you are. Bookmark it, add it to Favorites, or just make a mental note of where to find it. (It's in the "Academics" top menu of literally every page on the Parkside website.)
Student Org Resource
Involvement and leadership are a key component of a campus community. Visit the new student orgs digital catalog and learn more about the Academic, Multicultural, Greek, Service, and Governance clubs and orgs.
If you are a Parkside student org officer, make sure you provide Student Activities with information about your org!
Contact Amanda if you have questions. email@example.com
This group is set up for UW-Parkside students, promoting being social and engaged from the comfort of your own home! Here you can connect with students and pro-staff, have a place to check in and check on others, and have a supportive & creative outlet.
How to Library - While Social Distancing
The library is still available for research help during online classes. Visit "How to Library while Social Distancing" to get research help, contact us and find FREE online resources!
Self-guided mental health resource available online!
The University of Wisconsin System today introduced a new online behavioral health tool, SilverCloud, that offers self-guided programs for anxiety, depression, stress, insomnia, and resilience. The tool is now available to faculty, staff, and students at any time, on any device, and at no cost.
Learn more about...
- Eating Disorders: Learn about eating disorders for National Eating Disorder Awareness Week
- Women of Color: Learn about the influential women in history for the International Women of Color Day on March 1
- Health Disparities: Learn about the health disparities faced in minority communities
- National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week: Learn about the facts surrounding drugs, alcohol, and addiction
- Diabetes: Learn the facts on diabetes in awareness of National Diabetes Alert Day on March 24
Stay tuned for more upcoming information!
For all you Rangers who are ready to reach out and lend your hands and good will to Kenosha, here are some resources to get you started. Kenosha took a big blow, but is coming together to be stronger than ever! Play your part.
Parkside Journal of Science
The new issue of the Parkside Journal of Science has been released! Read stories spotilighting student research, and faculty highlights along with interesting artilcles written by journal staff.
IN THIS ISSUE
The Future of Genetically Modified Mosquitos
Flipping the Metabolic Switch
The interplay of Stress and Immunity
The Profound Symbiosis of Parasites
Should You Vape?
Friend or Foe? G-quadruplex Cancer Biology
Safety at UW-Parkside is a top priority at UW-Parkside.
Here are some quick tips to stay safe:
- Avoid walking alone - particularly at night
- Let people know where you are going
- Always lock your vehicle doors
- Pay attention to Ranger Alerts
- Lock your dorm room when you are not there
- Add UWPPD emergency/non-emergency contacts into your phone
- Emergency: 262-595-2911
- Non-emergency: 262-595-2455
Learn more about ways to stay safe!
Classes to consider
Check out courses submitted by faculty. Talk them over with your advisor and consider adding them to your next schedule!
COMM 258: Podcasting
Anjuli Brekke | Wed 2-4:50 pm
Rita L123 & Rita L164